DCI Northern Kentucky - Alexandria, KY - July 15

8 hours ago, GEVisual said:

.  The use of the vocalist is subtle and engaging.  Just enough without overkill.  When she burns, the place ate that up.   

(The vocalist is a blond and the girl I saw getting burned was dark  haired.)

9 hours ago, defeldus2 said:

Not wonky at all, but don't expect them to remain that close when the field tightens up. 

Why?  I keep seeing posters saying that, then BAC proves otherwise.  Is it wishful thinking or will people come to realize that Boston is for real and in the mix.  We'll have a more conclusive read next week I suppose. But if Boston is still trailing CC say by 2, during next week, or closes more, and CC is ranked 3rd still (based on SA seedlings from last night); will Boston get the benefit of the doubt they are in a position to catch and maybe pass another corps or 2?  I recognize it is a stretch but I believe the possibility (not probability) exists.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Why?  I keep seeing posters saying that, then BAC proves otherwise.  Is it wishful thinking or will people come to realize that Boston is for real and in the mix.  We'll have a more conclusive read next week I suppose. But if Boston is still trailing CC say by 2, during next week, or closes more, and CC is ranked 3rd still (based on SA seedlings from last night); will Boston get the benefit of the doubt they are in a position to catch and maybe pass another corps or 2?  I recognize it is a stretch but I believe the possibility (not probability) exists.

Crown fan bias.

Devs are back!!! BD all the way!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Madcityscout said:

Devs are back!!! BD all the way!!!

They were not AT this show...LOL

IRRELEVANT ...haha

• Like 1

Ah, just realized there were 2 threads for this show...

Madison - best costuming (uniforms) in drum corps!   I was suprised I loved this look so much - especially coming from the Scouts of all corps.    Props, colors, pageantry.   It all works.   Just "seeing" Madison is worth the price of the ticket.

BAC - Wow!   COMPLETE SHOW!   Brass, percussion, guard, visual, GE - all there.  This PRODUCTION has really come together.  Welcome BAC, to the top 6  of drum corps!    

Crown - Speaking of being worth the price of the ticket, how about CrownBRASS!   No one, NO ONE, sounds like Crown.  As for the vocal:  balancing, staging - all vastly improved. 

Great show - great night for drum corps!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, LabMaster said:

The only two times they've scored in the 2 point range was when they were the only corps below Crown, not with anyone else in the mix. Scores will be a lot tighter come SA and I don't expect BAC to stay in the 2 point range of the top corps (BD, Crown, or whoever else that may be). I would love to be wrong, really like BAC and their program, but I just think that's the reality of the numbers. Not every dissenting opinion is driven by some fan bias, because I'm a fan of both. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ghost said:

(The vocalist is a blond and the girl I saw getting burned was dark  haired.)

My original post was not clear.  I realize they are different people.  The burning witch at the end is what the audience loves.

5 hours ago, Liahona said:

They were not AT this show...LOL

IRRELEVANT ...haha

Nothing matters until BD gets the trophy next month at finals right?

55 minutes ago, Madcityscout said:

Nothing matters until BD gets the trophy next month at finals right?

I ignore them most years anyway...

• Like 1