The REAL San Antonio Rough Riders Thread

I'm one of the few that actually likes that Cadets show. Just waaaayyyy too much fluff. Gold shoes. Props. It's a bit much. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SFZFAN said:

Is there an award for most props ans least entertaining this year?

Yes.....they're lining up now

(sorry....that was mean...I just couldn't help it.)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Alcubierre said:

This is a corp that's won 10 times, and hasn't scored below 5th except for once in 33 years, last year and this year are worrying a bunch of fans, especially given the cavalier/phantoms fall from grace

33 years? 2015 - 1991 = 24.

Edited by henry7184

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

Yay the monkey bars have covers now.  They may have last time I watched them but I don't remember. 

Weren't covered in Denton two days ago.

If I was an 18 year old boy, I would start right now working up my audition for Phantom :)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, soccerguy315 said:

Cadets are 10x(?) world champion so people hold them to higher standards than Blue Stars etc 

do do you really think this design is top notch and worthy of the Cadets?

Worthy of a no longer top 5 Cadets? Maybe. More so then a Side x Side or Power of 10. The design isn't as bad as people are making it out to be. Is it a "Cadet's standard"? No. BUT it is still a nice, simple design. Not every show needs to have a deep, intellectual meaning or something so abstract that it leaves you confused.

Clear that the Cadets are much more comfortable with the score, and is performing now instead of playing. This was a good run for them.

Still, some fundamental staging and drill design issues that just drag this program down. The disrobing on the pews was a disaster. One member couldn't get th robe off in time, at least five robes were left scattered all over the pews and the ground for the rest of the show. Just do no understand this. Why can you not come up with a transition here that is reasonable? These are the things Cadets used to never ever allow.

Drill is much cleaner but largely feels purposeless and scattered. Just never really know wjere to look or what tjr significance of anything is.

Overall I felt like tonight was a step in a positive direction, but fixable things remain badly unfixed.

• Like 1

Just now, ShouldveMarchedAgeOut said:

I'm one of the few that actually likes that Cadets show. Just waaaayyyy too much fluff. Gold shoes. Props. It's a bit much. 

Actually the gold shoes are what saves the marching technique view for me with the robes. Otherwise they'd be invisible feet wise.

• Like 1