TOC - Broken Arrow, OK - July 18

Just now, Trumpet2 said:

Does Phantom have a bigger guard?

Apparently yes. Someone said last week that they sacrificed high brass for guard this year.

2 minutes ago, Sooze said:

Any thoughts on the lack of head coverings? (Other than Bloo's bowler hats)?

I love the visibility of performer's faces and their ability to communicate better with the audience, but I feel like you can really see how young the performers are (I'm old... so that's not hard to understand).  I feel like Phantom automatically looks more mature with those helmets on.

Just curious what your thoughts are!

I like the mistique created by the headgear.  SCV losing the aussies is one of my biggest disappointments this season (although I otherwise love everything they are doing).

7 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Did they just spell 'hide' with a backward e?

I think all the letters were backwards, if I remember correctly from Saturday night at DATR.  Plus I think they did that next to one of the "i" props.

Which reminds me that I completely forgot to research whether or not "iedih" is any sort of meaningful word or acronym.  (Had to be awake for work on Sunday morning.)

Wild

Blue

Orchid

• Like 4

Just now, MikeRapp said:

Apparently yes. Someone said last week that they sacrificed high brass for guard this year.

Gross. 

• Like 1

The head wraps are ridiculous, and the voice over sounds like radio commercials for "gentlemens clubs" on sports talk radio.

PR could help themselves out by simply editing out some of the worst elements of the show. Takes 2 minutes to fix.

• Like 2

Performing their 2017 show "Riptide - The music of Baywatch!" PHAAAAANNNTOOOMMMMM REEEEEEGGGGGGGIMENT!