The Official DCI Southeastern Championship Thread - July 29, 2017

6 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

I understand there are different approaches to ensemble sound, but clarity should be the aim no matter the approach. The first 3 notes in crowns show are so clear and accurate and that clarity sustains with every note they play. BD is still very good, but their ensemble sound is almost electric to me. Granted the last time I heard them live was in Atlanta last year.

It could also do with the brand of instruments they use. I figured system blues that devils use were made to have a brighter brassier sound. 

Just now, Midwest said:

I'm not complaining. Just stating the truth. I don't really care what the judges think. I'm just stating a fact. They don't move. In my opinion, that makes them less entertaining and less talented. They are a big concert band on a football field

I don't think that's fair, and everyone knows I am not a blue Devils fan boy. I think they are very definitive in how they move, and if you like that, you love them...because let's face it, they have better and deeper talent almost every year. If you prefer a more traditional drum corps approach you are likely to lean Crown and SCV. If you want new and innovative you are going Bluecoats. Really all four are outrageously close to perfection.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, superOOk said:

Maybe you can borrow some unused likes from last night? :o

I don't know how that was said... Was I just roasted?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Midwest said:

I'm not complaining. Just stating the truth. I don't really care what the judges think. I'm just stating a fact. They don't move. In my opinion, that makes them less entertaining and less talented. They are a big concert band on a football field

Please learn the difference between FACT and OPINION....then post in polite society.

• Like 1

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

It's a little odd that we get punished for being positive. Oh well...

Just as I say that I can like another post of yours. I just like liking your posts! :)

• Like 3

Just now, BoaDci said:

Whoever gets fourth, will have the best fourth place show ever. 

right now 2015 is the best 4th place ever - IMHO

• Like 4

First of all I am a CC lover. I think they bring something special to the activity. They have made something very different with there production this yr and I just don't think it works. As I've said I love them, it is just to muddled. I don't enjoy their experiment and find it lacking emotional depth. I don't fault the performers. 

• Like 5