William "Allen's Town" - Friday Night - Aug 4th, 2017

Just now, Musicman1084 said:

I find it kind of amusing that there's not one but TWO of Tom Aungst's former high school students (who constantly get crap for the snareline playing matched grip) playing traditional on the BLUE DEVILS snareline for that intro.  

Isn't one his kid?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, monarch said:

Isn't one his kid?

Yep.  Marched Crown 2013-2014 (after a couple years in open class, I believe) and then went over to BD in 2015 season.  The other's a tenor player who marched Cadets starting his senior year then over to BD in 2016.

Edited by Musicman1084
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

It looks like they are running both the closer solo mics thru guitar pedal boards.  These boards usually have volume pedals.  It wonder if it's not set right or the pedal board is affecting the feed to the mixer. 

IDK

I just can't believe the staff isn't aware of this problem - it could be so much better if that screamer were coming through --- I thought Bluecoats had best sound design? Paging Erik Kosman....

I am totally routing for SCV but the Devils have it down. I said before that they, the Devils have been the only corps to draw tears from my eyes and I stand by that statement. I think Devils might just have this thing all wrapped up! 

Edited by rrunyon1
  • Like 4