Who has yet to put on their new ending?

20 minutes ago, jmc5682 said:

There will be a lot more color in the closing of BD's show this year.  They do not have their ending on the field and that ending will not appear until Indy.  I wish I could give specifics but my source, a BD alumni from the 80's, refused to share any other details.  

Probably Glyde...

• Like 2

I assume Devs not done yet. The ending is current lack luster except the brass volume. Guard contribution is super clunky. 

SCV. It seems to be the final ending except getting the guard members out form behind the rolling stages.

PR. Doesn't seem done.

Madison. New ending could be the difference.

Cavies. The ending does not work for me, but neither does the rest of the show. 

Cadets. Think we will see something new in A-town.

Crown. Hearing rumors of more than what they did recently.

3 hours ago, SNModdison said:

I've definitely felt their ending lacks excitement, especially visually. There has to be more. 

It's typical for them to put the new ending in after Buffalo. They usually hang out there for a couple days making final changes.  I think there might be components of the ending that are in right now, but I think it's going to be quite different at Lucas.  Last time I was this anxious about improving the ending, and not seeing any progress on that front, was 2015 and we all know what happened then. 

• Like 2

I understand that drill / music adjustments are needed over the season (extreme examples 1976 Madison; runner up 1982 27).  I also know that layers of GE are added as well over the course of the season.

But why not learn the basic drill just once, & then clean clean clean (clean execution is good GE)?  Why waste time learning 2 min of drill that you know you are going to dump sometime in July?

16 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I understand that drill / music adjustments are needed over the season (extreme examples 1976 Madison; runner up 1982 27).  I also know that layers of GE are added as well over the course of the season.

But why not learn the basic drill just once, & then clean clean clean (clean execution is good GE)?  Why waste time learning 2 min of drill that you know you are going to dump sometime in July?

So your favorite judge (who you pretend is the one who came up with the idea you were planning all along) can have his/her ego stroked resulting in an extra tenth in that caption come finals week.

Edited by denverjohn

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

They also make changes solely to keep the members alert and thinking.  I expect doing the same exact show all summer would have diminishing returns -- it would get clean to a point and then boredom would set in.

From experience I'd say almost every corps out there will tinker with their ending up to Finals. You want to leave audiences (and judges) with a memorable ending, so most drum corps tend to tinker with them throughout the season. The Blue Devils, for example, have already made many adjustments to their ending. Cadets have. Bluecoats have. Crown made a big adjustment after they put the first ending in, then shifted it center, and may still add more. 

I think it's fun to watch how things work out for the corps as they close in on Finals. Some of the changes to the show, and especially to the closer, may work. Some will feel like a run-on sentence. Some will clutter things up, and some will make things too literal and smack the audience in the face as if to say "look at these pretty pictures and props and tarps and cool sounds coming from amps to go along with our narration that slaps you upside the head as we treat you like a 3-year old."  Some will add blatant cheese...cheese you can smell from the moment their buses roll into the parking lot. In a few cases a corps will add the Cheese and Whiz, creating the ultimate "we suck at this and are willing to gravel and beg for a quarter of a point."  

5 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

They also make changes solely to keep the members alert and thinking.  I expect doing the same exact show all summer would have diminishing returns -- it would get clean to a point and then boredom would set in.

BITD we were using all that alert thinking stuff to remove ticks.  Yes, stuff got added as the season progressed (horns using swing flags (popular at the time) added mid-season to drum solo for example).  But we did tons of reps of certain parts of the show to pound into our skulls the correct dress, cover, etc.