Best places to eat in Indy this week!

As a resident of the Indy area, all these recommendations are good.  There is a city-wide dining event called Devour Indy that doesn't start until the 21st, but here is the link which has additional dining options all over the city, with the majority downtown and north.  While the meal deals are not in effect during DCI week, at least this will give additional options. Devour Indy restaurants

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I'm planning on trying Chatham Tap on Mass Avenue. Great wings and beer selection.  And they are open late!  http://chathamtap.com/

What Terri said. Chatham is sometimes a hip+happening late night spot because, well, there aren't that many open past scores announcements.

Of course, you could always skip SCV and BD shows to grab a quick last bite some place.

1 hour ago, ClarinetDCIFan said:

I highly recommend The Tamale Place. It is a total hole in the wall, but their food is fantastic! We build in a meal stop there any time we are passing through Indianapolis.

http://thetamaleplace.com/locations/

On the total opposite end of things is another of our favorites-Tastings. It's on West Washington, adjacent to the lobby of the Conrad hotel. 

https://www.tastingsbar.com/indianapolis

The Tamale Place was featured on Guy Fieri's Diners, Drive-Thrus, and Dives.

Were do I grab great local craft beer? I'm a Texas guy so I need truly local Midwest craft.

Maybe a bar that has 40 to 100 unique taps and local is well represented on the wall?

No style preference, I am Cicerone Certified. Just want to try the best there is in the region while I have the chance.

2 hours ago, MyKids#1Fan said:

This is my first time going to Indy and 

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Us too. 

We're staying at Courtyard by Marriott. It says it's .6 miles. Anyone know if there is a walkable route to the stadium or is a Lyft or Uber going to be the best plan?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, littlejaw said:

Were do I grab great local craft beer? I'm a Texas guy so I need truly local Midwest craft.

Maybe a bar that has 40 to 100 unique taps and local is well represented on the wall?

No style preference, I am Cicerone Certified. Just want to try the best there is in the region while I have the chance.

There are some breweries right downtown. Sun King is there, the RAM is a restaurant that has their own beers, and Scotty's has a great beer list.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, littlejaw said:

Yes to the previous suggestion of RAM.  Good selection of beers I like (I like the darker ones -- no lites for me!).

Another recommendation is Tavern on South.  They seem to have a rotating list of specials.  Last time it was the tuna -- awesome.

Warning -- the local Steak 'n Shake near the stadium is usually packed after Finals with drum corps kids. 

• Like 1

Is RAM a Washington state company that just does local beer as well? Not many positive reviews on the beers, have you had any?