Best places to eat in Indy this week!

We ate at Lincoln Square Pancake House on our way out of town for breakfast last year and it was delicious. Fresh squeezed orange juice, homemade jam and a great southwestern skillet. Yummy :) A bit of a wait to get in, but that's always a good sign..

Edited by tommynev

I don't recall any concerted effort at a DCP get together in Indy.  I'm sure folks who are friends on and off DCP have their own reunions, but nothing DCP-wide. 

I guess the police presence would cost too much. 

• Like 1

Mingusmonk's beer* suggestions:

Upland - Indy Tasting Room (also has Carmel Tap House if you spend any time north side)

Brugge Brassiere (great food too)

Broadripple Brewpub

Flat 12

Sun King

*not all of these locations are being mentioned for food. In fact, some of them are tap room / tasting room setups that only serve "food" as required by Indiana law. but ... BEER!

Edited by mingusmonk
  • Like 2

On 8/6/2017 at 6:29 PM, Trumpet2 said:

Dad and I are trying St. Elmo's when we get into town Thursday night. 

What are some reccomendations for what to order there? Everything just sounds so good...

St. Elmo's has a lot of history and is a great place to eat. The only thing you absolutely have to order is the shrimp cocktail. That is their signature dish. Sinus opening. 

• Like 3

We found this place but never know the name. We call it gay breakfast because it's LGBT ran but holy hell the quantity and food is amazing. We always see DCI fans in there on sunday. Rumor has it it gets crazy Saturday night if you're looking to party. 

Drink wise killroys  is great for long islands and Yardhouse for big beers. 

Dinner/late night our favorite has been Chatham tap pizzas. 

2 hours ago, mingusmonk said:

Mingusmonk's beer* suggestions:

Upland - Indy Tasting Room (also has Carmel Tap House if you spend any time north side)

Brugge Brassiere (great food too)

Broadripple Brewpub

Flat 12

Sun King

*not all of these locations are being mentioned for food. In fact, some of them are tap room / tasting room setups that only serve "food" as required by Indiana law. but ... BEER!

We went to Brugge Brasserie a couple of years ago.  Very good! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mcjordansc said:

St. Elmo's has a lot of history and is a great place to eat. The only thing you absolutely have to order is the shrimp cocktail. That is their signature dish. Sinus opening. 

That's definitely on the list. 

I am just not sure what steak to order...may pull a Ron Swanson and order Turf and Turf

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Trumpet2 said:

That's definitely on the list. 

I am just not sure what steak to order...may pull a Ron Swanson and order Turf and Turf

All of it's pretty expensive. So go for broke and order the Porterhouse.

• Like 1

Flying to Indy today with the pops - we will be using this thread!! Thanks to all