Boston Crusaders 2018

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

. Its reportedly available for shipping/ purchase on or around July 18th, DCIat14.

They just posted it to the site.  I'm about to spend waaay too much money :) :)  #GoBAC

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DCIat14 said:

They just posted it to the site.  I'm about to spend waaay too much money :) :)  #GoBAC

https://crusadercollection.com/collections/men-s/products/thatwasloud

36533882_1458771427557039_82346125059476

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Den8uml said:

Is anyone else surprised/confused by the head to head percussion placements after the 4 northeast shows this week? It was basically the same corps, slight variation in order and crown skipped the RI show. Maybe I’m just over analyzing a small time frame.  (*Note:I also recognize that the partial judge panel at one show impacts things).  Throw out scores since we know that is all relative but this is just placements: 

Boston guard placements:  2, 2, 2, 2, 

Boston percussion placements: 2, 3, 1, 4

Boston brass placements: 3, 3, 2*, 3

Boston GE: 3, 3, 2*, 3

Brass* and GE moved up when crown was missing.  What’s going on with percussion placements? And is BC guard so much better than Boston’s? Half a point is a big spread in guard right now considering they were both top 3 guards last year. 

Like I said, I’m over analyzing the recaps because I could only be at the Lawrence show and flo is on vacation!! 

I’ve seen both Bluecoats and Boston shows many times this season already and IMHO Bloo’s guard book is no where near the difficulty of BAC’s guard book, and right now Bloo is clean, BAC is not. They’re very much underachieving at the moment with this book they’re given. Not much recovery time at all. They’ll get better, but who knows how long it will take. They are challenging these guard members extremely.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Frollo said:

I’ve seen both Bluecoats and Boston shows many times this season already and IMHO Bloo’s guard book is no where near the difficulty of BAC’s guard book, and right now Bloo is clean, BAC is not. They’re very much underachieving at the moment with this book they’re given. Not much recovery time at all. They’ll get better, but who knows how long it will take. They are challenging these guard members extremely.

Its not about harder or higher for a guard score....challenges for any guard must be met or it doesn't mean much BUT when it is, then that's quite another story

• Confused 2

Just now, GUARDLING said:

Its not about harder or higher for a guard score....challenges for any guard must be met or it doesn't mean much BUT when it is, then that's quite another story

Hence why it took most of the season last year to ACHIEVE the book...and this year will not be ANY different..mark my words..And again I'm stepping into the guard realm...big mistake for me...haha :-)

smiley face changed for @HockeyDad :-)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Hence why it took most of the season last year to ACHIEVE the book...and this year will not be ANY different..mark my words..And again I'm stepping into the guard realm...big mistake for me...haha :-)

smiley face changed for @HockeyDad :-)

For sure:

Smart staff at some point will get members to achieve or at that point alter for achievement. Those corps who beat the dead horse till the end usually only complain that they had harder work.

27 minutes ago, Frollo said:

I think though BAC guard is pretty outstanding right now...but I'm NOT a guard expert..

• Like 5

If I recall, at one point last July BAC's guard came in 9th or 10th at a regional.  They didn't water a thing...just dug deep and busted their butts in rehearsal.  Ended up getting 3rd in prelims. Then 3rd in semis. Then 3rd in FINALS.  (three different judges, three different nights).  I am not concerned at all with BAC's guard.  They (and their AMAZING staff) fully expect to eclipse last year's placement.  They will most likely succeed.  the 2018 BACCG is even better than last year!

• Like 7