Boston Crusaders 2018

25 minutes ago, Ediker said:

I believe corps are no longer permitted to rent the stadium that week. 

Yes. Boston did so in 2016 . Payed a LOT of money to rent Lucas for a day and have their MM's practice in A/C .. and in the stadium they'd perform in at Championships. If we recall, Boston was sitting in 14th place 10 days out from Championships at Regionals, but thru hard work had closed the gap to within shooting distance of 12th by then.  So BAC's mgt decided to invest in the kids/ staff to match their commitment in that opportunity to fight for that Finals spot ( Boston had not been out of Finals since 1st making it in 1999.. and had that streak going ). That financial investment and wise decision payed off. Boston finished 13th at Quarters, then 12th ( by 3 tenths ) at Semi's to qualify once again for Finals. In the next off season, at Winter Meetings, a proposal was introduced, then approved, that would future disallow any Corps from renting Lucas Stadium in the future for practice purposes.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Bluzes said:

Opening night one of the commentators said (after Boston) spelling things out on the field is best left to the college bands. I am kicking myself today for kind of agreeing at the time. I have never seen any Corps/band do what you are doing and this early. Keep it up what potential surly making your competition nervous with the platform you have to build from. Think that comment opening night deserves calcification in the Thursday broadcast although I will be on the 50 getting ready to be blow away. Thanks  

Spelling stuff out isn’t too uncommon in DCI. SCV opened up with a stylized “SCV” set in 2013 I believe, BD spelled out Ink in 2015, BAC spelled out RISE on the field with their jackets in 2013, etc. I think all of those implementations we’re pretty tasteful and a lot better than anything a college or high school band could do

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

Spelling stuff out isn’t too uncommon in DCI. SCV opened up with a stylized “SCV” set in 2013 I believe, BD spelled out Ink in 2015, BAC spelled out RISE on the field with their jackets in 2013, etc. I think all of those implementations we’re pretty tasteful and a lot better than anything a college or high school band could do

Thanks been there for all that and it was great. What I see different is the end where they lay down and the uniforms add tremendous definition to the overall affect and the use of the props spelling lost, have not seen that before either. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

This is Jim’s favorite.  :laughing:9d1088b798098debf27970e85cfc1452.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Some Boston alums/ fans, and other DCI fans favorite :... the bold and brassy You Know What Visual from 2014:

Image result for Picture of G7 of Boston Crusaders on field

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 6

Boston seems to be the talk of the town. Go on another top corps thread and Boston comes up. Way To Go!

• Like 6

5 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Yes. Boston did so in 2016 . Payed a LOT of money to rent Lucas for a day and have their MM's practice in A/C .. and in the stadium they'd perform in at Championships. If we recall, Boston was sitting in 14th place 10 days out from Championships at Regionals, but thru hard work had closed the gap to within shooting distance of 12th by then.  So BAC's mgt decided to invest in the kids/ staff to match their commitment in that opportunity to fight for that Finals spot ( Boston had not been out of Finals since 1st making it in 1999.. and had that streak going ). That financial investment and wise decision payed off. Boston finished 13th at Quarters, then 12th ( by 3 tenths ) at Semi's to qualify once again for Finals. In the next off season, at Winter Meetings, a proposal was introduced, then approved, that would future disallow any Corps from renting Lucas Stadium in the future for practice purposes.

I can understand why DCI feels that not renting Lucas Oil for practice evens the playing field, though I am not sure that was the only reason. I would wonder, if this were ever questioned, would DCI have a leg to stand on? What right does DCI have in saying who Lucas Oil Stadium can and cannot rent to at times they do not rent the property? Those with better legal minds than mine may be able to shed some light on it, but I would question the legality of this rule.

14 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I can understand why DCI feels that not renting Lucas Oil for practice evens the playing field, though I am not sure that was the only reason. I would wonder, if this were ever questioned, would DCI have a leg to stand on? What right does DCI have in saying who Lucas Oil Stadium can and cannot rent to at times they do not rent the property? Those with better legal minds than mine may be able to shed some light on it, but I would question the legality of this rule.

You raise an interesting legal question, and you could be right with it. But bottom line, it became a moot point as Boston ultimately put up no legal challenge to the proposal that subsequently passed. Oftentimes for the sake of mutual collegiality maintenance and or/ sheer pragmatism, its simply not in the best interests to pursue a legal challenge, even when there could be legal merits to it and could prove legally winnable with such a legal pursuit.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1