Boston Crusaders 2018

27 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

No complaints. You just deal with the hand you're dealt. You just keep swinging away. Day by day too. Boston is not going away any time soon as a current and future challenger in the upper tier ranks in DCI.

No, they are not. They obviously have a solid foundation and great talent. People just need to remember this is just the beginning. And what a beginning it is.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Were you at Broken Arrow? Just curious. It does add up. Sometimes you have an off night, sometimes another group is better than the previous night. BAC isn't getting screwed. Moving from 6th to 3rd is a hell of a lot harder than moving 12th to 6th.

I wasn’t taking about the whole corps. I agree with the overall placement.  I was speaking only about guard, who btw finished third at finals last year. 

I should  follow my own advice and stop looking at the scores because I’m enjoying the heck out of the show. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

I wasn’t taking about the whole corps. I agree with the overall placement.  I was speaking only about guard, who btw finished third at finals last year. 

I should  follow my own advice and stop looking at the scores because I’m enjoying the heck out of the show. 

Yeah. It gets too frustrating to be worried about scores. The huge thing is where they are at from a staff, design and talent standpoint. All are headed in the right direction. That's what matters most - and that their show this year is just so awesome - visual feast.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Yeah. It gets too frustrating to be worried about scores. The huge thing is where they are at from a staff, design and talent standpoint. All are headed in the right direction. That's what matters most - and that their show this year is just so awesome - visual feast.

They are lost right now.......and they are going to be found........at finals. I already feel the goosebumps !

• Like 5

I have learned not to sweat the nightly score rollercoaster.  You can go back all 14 years that I have been a DCP poster, and I don't believe that I've ever complained about a judge.  It is what it is.  However, I do find some degree of irony in the above post where someone said "going from 12th to 6th is a lot easier than going from 6th to 3rd".  Seriously?  Last year at this time most of the brainiacs here on DCP were saying 12th to 6th was IMPOSSIBLE, the staff/design team would never get along, BAC was a paper tiger,  Inspire really didn't have the financial resources it claimed, etc  etc etc.  Boston MIGHT get up into 9th or maybe even 8th...

I believe the corps will probably finish in 4th, but Finals are still over three weeks away, so....

• Like 4

18 hours ago, CorpwithanS said:

Actually it can (on occasion) be about the judges/judging. Glad these great corps are also watching them closely.

As the eastern corps move west, there will be a lot of first reads. BAC will have to prove themselves to new faces time and time again. I’m not worried. Finals is 3 weeks away and they are on FIRE!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CorpsLife said:

As the eastern corps move west, there will be a lot of first reads. BAC will have to prove themselves to new faces time and time again. I’m not worried. Finals is 3 weeks away and they are on FIRE!

They may be on fire, but they best start scoring higher than the 5 corps above them if they want the fire to result in a medal.  They have tied CC once and came close to Cavies once.  I'd like to see it, but hopes.

13 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

They may be on fire, but they best start scoring higher than the 5 corps above them if they want the fire to result in a medal.  They have tied CC once and came close to Cavies once.  I'd like to see it, but hopes.

I agree! But like I said, first reads. I think we will see a lot more growth from the corps in the next 3 weeks. ::fingers crossed:: A top 5 placement 

7 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

If Allentown was on the horizon rather than San Antonio, I’d share your concern. If the point spread was wider, I’d be preparing to eat some crow. I’m not dismissing the fact that Crown could come out swinging as the season continues, especially in Atlanta and the following night at their home show. You can’t ever underestimate Cavies either. That being said, the night BAC tied Crown, by most accounts Crown had a good run. When BAC came close to Cavaliers, folks thought Cavies were on fire (though the literal fire was by Boston Crusaders). Catching one or the other is still a possibility, if not a probability. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tim K said:

If Allentown was on the horizon rather than San Antonio, I’d share your concern. If the point spread was wider, I’d be preparing to eat some crow. I’m not dismissing the fact that Crown could come out swinging as the season continues, especially in Atlanta and the following night at their home show. You can’t ever underestimate Cavies either. That being said, the night BAC tied Crown, by most accounts Crown had a good run. When BAC came close to Cavaliers, folks thought Cavies were on fire (though the literal fire was by Boston Crusaders). Catching one or the other is still a possibility, if not a probability. 

Hope so, would love to see BAC move up this year.  Everyone is digging in getting better.