2017 World Championships Semi-Finals - Aug 11

1 minute ago, Marianne said:

Man. I hope they didn't count Bones as one of the members on the field. I'm sure he's considerably overage!

Is this a 1975 or 1989 controversy all over again?  That's quite a statement and accusation you just made...

• Like 1

Just now, Cadevilina Crown said:

Man, I'm so torn... I really want the Mandarins to make Finals, but Finals just isn't the same without the Men of Madison. I'm seriously scared for when the next block of scores are released.

I don't really want either to end their season today : (

• Like 2

It just dawned on me......is that the Thurston lick at the end?  Mmm.

I seem to be one of the VERY few who enjoys last years Crossmen show more, but this show improved way more in terms of my own personal enjoyment than I thought it every would in June.  Some amazing moments in there, the ballad hit is easily one of them.  Fantastic job this year.......and I still think them and their close competitor coming up are still way under scored in brass/MA.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, westcoastblue said:

Crossmen trumpet solo from the start sets me in the wrong direction and it is largely downhill from there. I tried. All season. Really. Just does nothing for me in any way. Would much rather see Mandarins and Madison again. 

I'd have no problem if they took the solo out for the show...it would still work as a show without it...

Just now, DrumManTx said:

It just dawned on me......is that the Thurston lick at the end?  Mmm.

I seem to be one of the VERY few who enjoys last years Crossmen show more, but this show improved way more in terms of my own personal enjoyment than I thought it every would in June.  Some amazing moments in there, the ballad hit is easily one of them.  Fantastic job this year.......and I still think them and their close competitor coming up are still way under scored in brass/MA.  

Yes it is. I think the discussion about the Thurston lick being added happened in threads when you were going to shows 

3 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

French horn solo today...just lovely.

It was perfect!

Opening trumpet solo, on the other hand... sadly I can't think of the last time I heard it correct on stream.

Ok. Thought about Scouts & Mandies a lot during that show (sorry...Bones just don't do much to hold my attention this year), and I've stuck up for Scouts all season long, because I always am THRILLED when corps take the steps to rebound, instead of trying the same-ol', same-ol', but I do believe they left the door open (not WIDE open) for Mandies. I think it will be close. If either makes it, I'll understand why. Whichever one doesn't make the cut, I'll understand why. I think I'll be moderately heartbroken either way. ####!!!!

• Like 2