Cadets 2018

6 hours ago, LabMaster said:

I am curious; with the change in touring by dropping the west coast, are Cadets able to fill shows to replace what has dropped, with eastern shows?  I know they are doing Boston's first show on July 1.  Have they been able to get into others. I have to believe with what has transpired and how they must be scrambling, that these kids will get rousing support wherever they perform.  And that means show sponsor support as well.  Is DCI helping out in anyway with that?

They actually have the same amount of shows as before with 31 total. They're really only losing 3 free days which is a bummer

On 5/4/2018 at 1:08 PM, LabMaster said:

I am curious; with the change in touring by dropping the west coast, are Cadets able to fill shows to replace what has dropped, with eastern shows?  I know they are doing Boston's first show on July 1.  Have they been able to get into others. I have to believe with what has transpired and how they must be scrambling, that these kids will get rousing support wherever they perform.  And that means show sponsor support as well.  Is DCI helping out in anyway with that?

They are appearing at East Coast Classic (BAC), Beanpot (July 2), and Cranston (July 3).

Don’t worry about rousing support. Of the three early season Boston area shows, I have found Cadets always gets the warmest reception at Beanpot. Maybe it’s just where I sit. They are usually well received at East Coast Classic, but now that the former director is no longer in charge, they’ll get a huge ovation for that reason alone, even if all they do is take out a kazoo and perform “Old MacDonald.” This show would have a long time drum corps fan base that blames everything wrong in drum corps on the former director of the Cadets. Cranston, formerly Bristol, has a mixed crowd of drum corps fans, parents of Spartans and 7th Regiment, and lots of folks who have never seen a drum corps show or it their one and only show. This show is alway high on enthusiasm.

18 hours ago, George Dixon said:

I really missed the sound of flags being tossed in the air. Can't wait for Cadets to show who they really are. 

• Like 4

We’re going to be at the BAC show July 1, and I’m so excited that the Cadets will be here! I’ve got a feeling that this will be a surprisingly successful season! 

Edited by GlenI
  • Like 3

Anyone recognize any of the music? The snare lick we saw sounds to fit into Sensemaya pretty easily to my ears...didn't recognize the snippet of brass we heard, though.

Also, kudos to Drew Shanefield on his apparent new title of Program Coordinator (not sure we knew about that already).

21 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

looking quite good........Show them the CADETS are bigger than any 1 person..It's always been that way.

The Cadets

Have you ever heard of the Guard caption supervisor?