Cadets 2018

9 hours ago, mfrontz said:

I think the fact that the show had to be redesigned somewhat in the late stages of spring honestly gave the corps a chance to do something unique and honest. The show is free of artifice, if that makes any sense. Honestly, I am having trouble articulating what I think and feel about the show, but I plan to try to sort out my thoughts.

I can't think of the best words to describe it either, but your description of "unique, honest, and free of artifice" is the most accurate yet.  This is a rebirth.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Let’s keep the season and future in perspective. Big things that really matter - members have great and safe summer which they love; organization flushes out leaderships and charts a steady path moving forward; program ends the season well liked and perceived as a step forward 

this fall they will work on things like adjusting staff; personally I think they need a drill guy and that’s it. Maybe Jeff will come back or maybe they bring in some new up and coming talent. Either way

Other captions seem to be in good hands imo but the fall is a chance to layer in additional or more experienced tech and actually have a NORMAL offseason to design a show with zero interference from a megalomaniac 

lets say they finish in 7th this year or 6th possibly when all is said and done - the competition side of things doesn’t matter as much this year as NOT sliding further and bending the trend in a positive direction 

then the offseason they set themselves up for a return to the 6-4 competitive “tier” and then the following year they are medal competitors again; in the long history of the cadets it’s a blip. 

We should be delighted about the corps this year, I love the program in many ways, it feels like a cadets show finally and it has some upside 

Us fans are so proud- the beginning of a new era!

finishing 7th with this years slate of corps is not a bad thing IMO. the top 8-10 this year will be among the deepest pool DCI has ever seen. You may have to crawl a little before you run

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dans said:

Does anyone know where the Cadets are rehearsing tomorrow? I had heard that they were practicing at the stadium (J Birney Crum); however, their tour schedule indicates a different practice location.

word I got was housing at N. Schuykhill H.S., practice at Birney Crum later.  Confirm with Eleran if Owen knows differently or with Shewhois if Noah knows differently.

21 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

finishing 7th with this years slate of corps is not a bad thing IMO. the top 8-10 this year will be among the deepest pool DCI has ever seen. You may have to crawl a little before you run

I agree with you Jeff. However, the season is very early. This is a very determined bunch of Cadets this season. If they continue to clean and get more GE into the show, I believe they could end up in 6th. With that said, once the judges slot them in a tier, it is almost impossible to move upward.

Let's not slot them in 6-7 place yet. I am holding out hopes for higher than 5th. It CAN be done. They haven't waived a white flag, and neither will I. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Let’s keep the season and future in perspective. Big things that really matter - members have great and safe summer which they love; organization flushes out leaderships and charts a steady path moving forward; program ends the season well liked and perceived as a step forward 

this fall they will work on things like adjusting staff; personally I think they need a drill guy and that’s it. Maybe Jeff will come back or maybe they bring in some new up and coming talent. Either way

Other captions seem to be in good hands imo but the fall is a chance to layer in additional or more experienced tech and actually have a NORMAL offseason to design a show with zero interference from a megalomaniac 

lets say they finish in 7th this year or 6th possibly when all is said and done - the competition side of things doesn’t matter as much this year as NOT sliding further and bending the trend in a positive direction 

then the offseason they set themselves up for a return to the 6-4 competitive “tier” and then the following year they are medal competitors again; in the long history of the cadets it’s a blip. 

We should be delighted about the corps this year, I love the program in many ways, it feels like a cadets show finally and it has some upside 

Us fans are so proud- the beginning of a new era!

George ... as an alumnus, I totally agree with you. So well said!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Let's not slot them in 6-7 place yet. I am holding out hopes for higher than 5th. It CAN be done. They haven't waived a white flag, and neither will I. 

I'm not slotting them either, but it's gonna be very difficult for them to move higher than 6th (IMO). I'm just glad they are on the field and I get to see them live on Sunday & Monday.

• Like 2

Just now, ndrudy2013 said:

I'm not slotting them either, but it's gonna be very difficult for them to move higher than 6th (IMO). I'm just glad they are on the field and I get to see them live on Sunday & Monday.

Yes. We understand all that. But I don't give up on June 29th. And it's in Cadets' lifeblood not to give up either on June 28th. I'll give up on August 11th. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Yes. We understand all that. But I don't give up on June 29th. And it's in Cadets' lifeblood not to give up either on June 28th. I'll give up on August 11th. 

Completely agree. My post was about “if this is all that happened” kind of contextual comment. Not throw in the towel. There are two or three corps for sure within reach right now 

• Like 1