Carolina Crown 2018

1 minute ago, Incognito365 said:

I'm not understanding how people can say "no one layers like Crown", and then say they'll place 6th. This show is bare bones right now. Yes, other corps are too, but Crown also just added their closer. Layering or cleaning hasn't started yet, and let's not forget the final ending. I have no doubt they'll get it finished and WONT place below top 4. 

Doesn't that mean they are 2 weeks behind, in layering/cleaning, as opposed to those who completed their closer during ST?  How am I confused?

While I’ve been a fan of the activity for the better part of four decades, it took until middle age to find the time and discretionary income to  start making DCI a part of my summers. While I’m pleased Crown isn’t mired in the controversies of perceived violence [2016] or singing [2017], I must say the there seems to be a bit less chatter—both pro & con—on the thread this year.

How about some hype from the Crown cognoscenti, to assuage early doubts and paint us a path to big finish.

If it weren’t for false hope, I’d have no hope at all...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Incognito365 said:

I'm not understanding how people can say "no one layers like Crown", and then say they'll place 6th. . 

He’s having a crisis of faith.  Call a priest!   No wait—he’ll counsel him to love Boston!   Maybe a preacher.    Like in Pale Rider.  Where’s the #### stagecoach!!??

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

I'm not understanding how people can say "no one layers like Crown", and then say they'll place 6th. This show is bare bones right now. Yes, other corps are too, but Crown also just added their closer. Layering or cleaning hasn't started yet, and let's not forget the final ending. I have no doubt they'll get it finished and WONT place below top 4. 

I sure hope you’re right. But to be fair, your first point doesn’t really apply here since it was other posters talking about how Crown layers, not me. I’m always very cautiously optimistic (and maybe even a little pessimistic) when it comes to Crown. 

1 hour ago, crownisking said:

I sure hope you’re right. But to be fair, your first point doesn’t really apply here since it was other posters talking about how Crown layers, not me. I’m always very cautiously optimistic (and maybe even a little pessimistic) when it comes to Crown. 

I wasn't meaning you, just in general. Lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PamahoNow said:

Doesn't that mean they are 2 weeks behind, in layering/cleaning, as opposed to those who completed their closer during ST?  How am I confused?

Crown is known for making strides and surges mid to late season. Look at 2015, or last year. They'll get to where they need to be. 

3 hours ago, PamahoNow said:

I believe that it was you that first pointed out how last nights scores showed how CC was gaining on Bloo.  But fine, we'll look at tonight as well.  Good Luck and Good Runs to all the Corps tonight.

Actually that wasn't me. And tonight (no Crown) has a 5 person panel again with an odd configuration. I hope there is a full panel in Clifton NJ when they meet again!

'

5 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

Actually that wasn't me. And tonight (no Crown) has a 5 person panel again with an odd configuration. I hope there is a full panel in Clifton NJ when they meet again!

'

Agreed. Boston isn't that close to Bluecoats. Bluecoats more than likely would've won Visual Proficiency, Guard, and Brass. I get to see Bluecoats and Crown go head to head in 11 days, so I'll get a better read then.

After seeing Crown live in Lawrence & Lynn here's my take on Crown. The Brass & Percussion is top 3.. The horn line is Awesome and they won't  be giving up the Ott trophy without a fight and the percussion has the potential to bring home the Sanford trophy this year (but it's going to be hard to beat SCV) but I think this is their best percussion line ever but that's just my opinion. However,  Visual, Guard & GE is not top 3 right now and there is a lot of Visual dirt in their show right now and they need to clean that up and start layering the show if they want to medal. If the staff makes the right changes and they clean up I think they will medal, if they don't they will end up 4th or 5th place. Let's see what happens in the next couple of weeks, GO CROWN!!!!