Bluecoats 2018-LETS GO BLOO

Blooo wins again. Just win baby 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

I see Crown got them in brass and they dropped back behind the Cadets in percussion...which probably means 7th overall in percussion.

Boston sneaking up on Crown in a lot of captions too.

point of perspective, given the same quartet of Eastern corps, the other night Jeff Prosperie had Cadets 2nd in percussion. Your point about Bloo percussion being 7th has merit. But Rarick and company know how to clean.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

If they place 7th in percussion at finals it is going to be really tough for them to place higher than 3rd overall. BD and SCV don't seem to have one single weakness, and I imagine brass could be the only caption (because of Crown) where both aren't in the top 3, or 2, and if one of them (BD or SCV) doesn't make top 3 in brass, they will be 4th in brass. 

I think this is a case of any given contest; any given night. Brass and percussion will flip flop all season long and this is true of  any given caption. Bloo, BD and SCV are all in the mix for medals at this moment. It can all change by August. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I think this is a case of any given contest; any given night. Brass and percussion will flip flop all season long and this is true of  any given caption. Bloo, BD and SCV are all in the mix for medals at this moment. It can all change by August. 

It seems to me Bloo has been consistently placing behind Crown and BAC in percussion. At least when I've looked. Is that the case? 

1 minute ago, xandandl said:

point of perspective, given the same quartet of Eastern corps, the other night Jeff Prosperie had Cadets 2nd in percussion. Your point about Bloo percussion being 7th has merit. But Rarick and company know how to clean.

Thanks X...a little bit of relief too.. I'm no expert in percussion but bloos book seems a little light...at the very least from the standpoint of percussion features.

3 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

It seems to me Bloo has been consistently placing behind Crown and BAC in percussion. At least when I've looked. Is that the case? 

I’m simply not ready to consign Bloo to seventh in percussion on July 7. 

• Like 2

Just now, Jurassic Lancer said:

I get that. I'm not either. Not by a long shot. But it will be a huge problem if they are 7th at finals. That's all I'm saying. I don't know much about percussion so maybe the book is very hard?

Just now, queenanne_1536 said:

I get that. I'm not either. Not by a long shot. But it will be a huge problem if they are 7th at finals. That's all I'm saying. I don't know much about percussion so maybe the book is very hard?

Got me ... I’m a brass guy.

6 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I would love some Mr. Maps right about now.  Bloos field percussion has probably been my favorite over the past 5-10ish years.

• Like 1