Santa Clara Vanguard 2018

28 minutes ago, c mor said:

Johnny one note   and in a Santa Clara thread. 

I don't know. I think I can play at least as many notes as you can. But who really knows... ( or cares )

On 8/22/2017 at 1:17 PM, BDCorno said:

"Any other group that wants to cheat the natural order of drum corps simply needs to develop a "B" groups and spend a couple of years developing top talent for their own...You know who's done that? Vanguard. And you know who the top two groups were this year? 

My son who returned from a very successful 2017 campaign with SCVC (he marched 2016 with them as well) plans on trying to make the leap to SCV-A when auditions hit in a few months. 2018 will already be his 5th season in corps...time has just flown by. He was at HS band camp 3 days after Finals-- unreal! His band director (a Cavies alum from their three-peat) worked with Cavies' visual staff this year so they both had really good summers. Guess what style their band marches...? :sigh:

Note to Xmen alums:  he's already narrowed his 2018 WC audition choices to SC *and Bones ("Crossmen are really cool, Dad!") I still have my Xmen souvie T-shirt from '81...it's kinda thin now though, like a spandex uni-- oh, never mind! 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, TRacer said:

My son who returned from a very successful 2017 campaign with SCVC (he marched 2016 with them as well) plans on trying to make the leap to SCV-A when auditions hit in a few months. 2018 will already be his 5th season in corps...time has just flown by. He was at HS band camp 3 days after Finals-- unreal! His band director (a Cavies alum from their three-peat) worked with Cavies' visual staff this year so they both had really good summers. Guess what style their band marches...? :sigh:

Note to Xmen alums:  he's already narrowed his 2018 WC audition choices to SC *and Bones ("Crossmen are really cool, Dad!") I still have my Xmen souvie T-shirt from '81...it's kinda thin now though, like a spandex uni-- oh, never mind! 

Best of luck to him! Or, he can come over to the blue team! The water is fine, come on in! :bluedevil: 

3 hours ago, BDCorno said:

Best of luck to him! Or, he can come over to the blue team! The water is fine, come on in! :bluedevil: 

This is too tempting :bluedevil: not to note the opening of some poster(s) comment about BD's park and bark and marching not mattering. But alas, their backward marching front on the oblique was phenomenal, their opener memorable, and their changes matching SCV doing the segmented front falling behind then catching up and the Bloo jumping up and down like a pep band of Cameron Crazies. Funny how BD added those layers as the season progressed and then beat both SCV and Bloo. But I'll be an :innocent:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

This is too tempting :bluedevil: not to note the opening of some poster(s) comment about BD's park and bark and marching not mattering. But alas, their backward marching front on the oblique was phenomenal, their opener memorable, and their changes matching SCV doing the segmented front falling behind then catching up and the Bloo jumping up and down like a pep band of Cameron Crazies. Funny how BD added those layers as the season progressed and then beat both SCV and Bloo. But I'll be an :innocent:

"changes matching SCV doing the segmented front falling behind then catching up"? If you're talking about the beginning, it had been that way since June. So that wasn't ever a change. LOL.

Edited by BDCorno
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, BDCorno said:

We'll have to see! His dad auditioned for BD at their December camp in 1980 and did great. Alas, his ride from Orange County at the time had to back out and his parents (who didn't know a thing about drum corps yet) weren't about to let their just-licensed 16 year old kid drive by himself to Concord. Mr. Downey was incredible. 

6 minutes ago, TRacer said:

We'll have to see! His dad auditioned for BD at their December camp in 1980 and did great. Alas, his ride from Orange County at the time had to back out and his parents (who didn't know a thing about drum corps yet) weren't about to let their just-licensed 16 year old kid drive by himself to Concord. Mr. Downey was incredible. 

Wow...we could have marched together. Who knew? That was my age out year. We did ok. :lle:

SCV is really challenging BD now.

The silver medalists don't seem content to allow the diablos to abscond with the Godfather and Festo Italiano from the Felliniesque show. With the national and local debates about Christopher Columbus statues staying or coming down throughout the country of late, SCV is forging ahead with the avant garde counter-cultural.

Will Chicago style wars between the "families" put the Paramus, NJ area Badda-bing set on notice as well? And you thought it was just a parade call...

https://www.scvanguard.org/italian-heritage-parade/?utm_source=EVanguardian&utm_campaign=02edaa982d-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_08_24&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_644990ee35-02edaa982d-104732957

FC0zBxi.gif

Edited by xandandl