2018 Blue Stars

I think Blue Stars have a nice show, nice vehicle. They just need to clean it. Way more entertaining than Phantom who is doing yet another generic uninteresting safe show. 

I don't care how the scores end up, entertainment value is always more important to.me than scores. But I do think they will end up over Regiment by Finals. It just doesn't seem logical that a show like PR could garner enough points to keep up. Blue Stars have a lot.of cleaning to do. Their visual package, brass, and guard are all a step above PR.

FCO and thanks for not playing it safe this season,.come what may! And bring out a really nice ending come August. 

14 hours ago, tedrick said:

Really hoping Blue Stars do well tonight -- when is the last time they beat Phantom?

Is slotting terrorism going to be in play tonight at the Motor City Kitties Litter Box?

is always tough to be the first corps of the season to go on.   slotting for sure will play a part.  could predict how the scores played out exactly as they did months ago

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tedrick said:

Ain't gonna happen tonight

Underwhelming

Did Not recognize much - and Carpenters are in my wheelhouse

Uf da

You must have missed the opening "we've only just begun" and the two minutes worth of "Close to you" with the euphonium solo  and the big screaming trumpet hit in the ballad. And the first minute and a half of the closer with the drum break to "i won't last a day without you"

47 minutes ago, TomVV said:

You must have missed the opening "we've only just begun" and the two minutes worth of "Close to you" with the euphonium solo  and the big screaming trumpet hit in the ballad. And the first minute and a half of the closer with the drum break to "i won't last a day without you"

Was the trumpet soloists mic working?

1 hour ago, tedrick said:

Was the trumpet soloists mic working?

The soloists could not be heard well in the theater. I don't think the corps speakers were placed where the broadcast mics could pick up the sound. Hopefully, it was much better in the stadium. 

57 minutes ago, mcjordansc said:

The soloists could not be heard well in the theater. I don't think the corps speakers were placed where the broadcast mics could pick up the sound. Hopefully, it was much better in the stadium. 

Everythingis always better in 3D. Very good sound from the soloists through the speakers in the stadium especially higher up. Btw the soloists are the only horns mic'd in this show. 

Impressions from the tour premiere:

A fun lighthearted show, and the uniforms fit the theme really well. It definitely feels like we've almost seen this show before ('14's Where the Heart Is), in that it expanded on the elements of home (moving, building, handiwork, etc.). By the end of the season, I want the corps to build or assemble a giant wooden prop in their various workshop stages on the field, and the assembly can occur throughout the show, I think that would be a great bookend for the closer. It just felt that the show didn't "build" toward anything, however it is too early to tell where they want to go moving forward.

16 minutes ago, PhantomPhan91 said:

Impressions from the tour premiere:

A fun lighthearted show, and the uniforms fit the theme really well. It definitely feels like we've almost seen this show before ('14's Where the Heart Is), in that it expanded on the elements of home (moving, building, handiwork, etc.). By the end of the season, I want the corps to build or assemble a giant wooden prop in their various workshop stages on the field, and the assembly can occur throughout the show, I think that would be a great bookend for the closer. It just felt that the show didn't "build" toward anything, however it is too early to tell where they want to go moving forward.

EXACTLY.    It's been done SO. MANY. TIMES.                                 There are SO MANY props out there, so something with them!  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GetOFFmyDot said:

EXACTLY.    It's been done SO. MANY. TIMES.                                 There are SO MANY props out there, so something with them!  

it has not been done so many times.  How about all of the other corps props, why dont you  rag on them.  all things considered, this show has no more or less props than any of the other corps out there last night.  I contest had fewer than some corps and many didn't do anything with their props. The season, nor show, will be complete until the last show of the season.  Be patient and watch this show develop!!! any construction project takes time to build. send positive energy and you will enjoy the show and yourself much more.

Edited by brians
  • Like 2

From what I have heard, the kiddos are really enjoying it, and, to me, that's all that matters.

They are behind this show and love it! And we should support that.

• Thanks 1