2018 Blue Stars

6 hours ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

I think Blue Stars have a nice show, nice vehicle. They just need to clean it. Way more entertaining than Phantom who is doing yet another generic uninteresting safe show. 

I don't care how the scores end up, entertainment value is always more important to.me than scores. But I do think they will end up over Regiment by Finals. It just doesn't seem logical that a show like PR could garner enough points to keep up. Blue Stars have a lot.of cleaning to do. Their visual package, brass, and guard are all a step above PR.

FCO and thanks for not playing it safe this season,.come what may! And bring out a really nice ending come August. 

I agree on all fronts. I think they will pass up Phantom soon. They seemed a lot dirty than Phantom and their show is more complex, better designed, and more interesting. I think Regiment's show is a step up from last year, but in comparision with everyone else last night, they seem so left behind.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

Yes, that's a construction boot. From the stands, what the corps is wearing looks like rain boots. They make the corps look like little kids getting ready for a romp in the puddles. 

should have worked in Come in From the Rain

• Like 1

You know they are boots so I dont see what the complaining is going to get you. Go out in marching shoes you'd complain it looks stupid. Sounds like you just want to complain about something which you have every right to do. But I would suggest not in the homerzone because we support our corps. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, corps8294 said:

Yes, that's a construction boot. From the stands, what the corps is wearing looks like rain boots. They make the corps look like little kids getting ready for a romp in the puddles. 

your negativity and constant dishing of the corps is getting a little old.  You really need to be more positive and have a sense of humor which this show is, in my opinion, trying to tap into.  You will feel better about the corps and yourself.  it is not helpful to spew constant negativity.... esp. considering your history and who you are!  Drum corps is changing. the OLD rules and paradigm of what is rewarded no longer apply. If you saw last nights shows you could see this as clearly as......well, bright yellow  boots.  Marching... what little of it is left, uniforms, music etc...., well... we are no longer in Kansas Dorothy!!!

Edited by brians

Oh please, people; the show is fine. It's not going to contend, nor does it appear to be trying to do so. It's a very approachable show that will be the favorite of a lot of newbies and others who might not be into high concept and need/want to have things spelled out for them (though Boston is obviously after the "spelled out" crowd too :27_sunglasses:).

Personally I found it more engaging than most shows I've seen from LaCrosse since they rose from the dead back in the 90s, in part because it wasn't trying to overreach.

Edited by Slingerland

3 hours ago, Slingerland said:

Oh please, people; the show is fine. It's not going to contend, nor does it appear to be trying to do so. It's a very approachable show that will be the favorite of a lot of newbies and others who might not be into high concept and need/want to have things spelled out for them (though Boston is obviously after the "spelled out" crowd too :27_sunglasses:).

Personally I found it more engaging than most shows I've seen from LaCrosse since they rose from the dead back in the 90s, in part because it wasn't trying to overreach.

Excuse me? You just discredited all the members who put on great shows and all the fans who supported them when Blue Stars were competing in DII/III during the 90’s by referring to them as rising from the dead. They were anything but dead!

Edited by Brian Tuma