A Woman Marching for Madison: A member this time?

glory

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

why just the girl in Carmen? she was in all year, paid dues. One offs arent always a bad thing

Are you playing dumb? In Carmen, Madison was explicit that she wasn't a member. You can call it "one off." I call it hypocrisy. She pays. She performs. She is a member. Now, a decade later, it appears Madison is doing the right thing. This flugel apparently will be a member. I applaud that. 

As for those who want to characterize my motives in this thread, I said "applaud." That's as in expressing pleasure. Or as in endorsing. Those sorts of verbs are the ones to apply to me and my motives.

43 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Yes. But I don't know if you can stop it. Between those wanting to play the victim and others virtue signaling, the vitriol is almost everywhere. 

i see it breaking out on Facebook already, and lord knows thats more active for drum corps chat in the offseason than DCP is

33 minutes ago, glory said:

Are you playing dumb? In Carmen, Madison was explicit that she wasn't a member. You can call it "one off." I call it hypocrisy. She pays. She performs. She is a member. Now, a decade later, it appears Madison is doing the right thing. This flugel apparently will be a member. I applaud that. 

As for those who want to characterize my motives in this thread, I said "applaud." That's as in expressing pleasure. Or as in endorsing. Those sorts of verbs are the ones to apply to me and my motives.

the guys that marched with Rebecca consider her a member. as long as the organization and their alumni are cool with it, so what?

• Like 2

I marched in a DCA corps for six seasons, 1977-82... we won three DCA championships, finished in the top 3 two other years, but finished 6th in 1980.

Therefore, I declare that none of us were "members" in 1980.  :tongue:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, glory said:

As long as some people thought Jim Crow was okay, it was okay? I don't agree. 

Let me put it another way ... If Madison were calling this flugel a "guest perfomer" instead of "member" would that be okay? Not with me.

Is any given drum corps a public accommodation?

2 hours ago, glory said:

Let me put it another way ... If Madison were calling this flugel a "guest perfomer" instead of "member" would that be okay? Not with me.

And there it is. As predicted. Shall we shutter all the all-girls high schools while we're at it?

8 hours ago, glory said:

it's not my call or your call to make unless you marched Madison.

• Like 2