Update from the Philadelphia Inquirer

44 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Some situations are in fact more significant than others. What Hopkins did, for instance, is worse than what Moody did, and what Moody did is worse than what Morrison did.

To play this analogy out further... Hopkins > Moody > King (allegation of report and no action) > Morrison

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Liahona said:

a fine should be in order as well. 

i.e. perhaps 10k first offence and 25k each additional. Ater one ot two of these are levied...

OK w/ $$

But not sure how many Corps could survive an enforced season-plus off.  Thus, my proposal might actually get their attention.  Hence the TR quote (which I have also heard attributed to Eisenhower)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Just shut this thread down, mods. 

Yes, Please.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

RAIIN is COMPLETELY independent and that is why lots of organizations work with them to run these hotlines and support systems. Same with the law firm... they are INDEPENDENT. That is why they were hired. That is the reality.

Someone has to PAY their bills..I'm sure RAIIN aren't doing this for FREE....you can call me ignorant of the facts...that is fine with me...I'm simply talking about public perception...not really expanding the thought much beyond that...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, One n Done said:

I choose not to use my name for the same reason I do not use it anywhere online:  security.  Using own’s name doesn’t excuse or elevate a person’s behavior. 

I don’t feel by using my name that it’s not secure.  I use my real name everywhere.  My Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, never had a problem. 

15 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

OK w/ $$

But not sure how many Corps could survive an enforced season-plus off.  Thus, my proposal might actually get their attention.  Hence the TR quote (which I have also heard attributed to Eisenhower)

Probably not very many...If they think about that, they'll do things differently.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, One n Done said:

The air of moral superiority demonstrated from a number of people in this thread (and those related) is tiresome.  And it’s always the same several individuals.  I wonder how clean their own houses are, and whether they are built on rock, as they seem to believe, or sand.  These individuals posture as though the words they spout are ALL about positive change.  I call BS, based on the holier than thou invective and spiteful commentary they leave behind like a trail of litter.  Thank you to those that attempt to share with objectivity, compassion and fairness in these discussions.  Your words are an oasis in what often reads like a desert.

Your comments here would seem to fall more in the first group than the second, although they are rather vague, so it was a bit hard to tell whose remarks were upsetting you. Now I realize that they were aimed at Jim, so I'm going to chime in to say that, while anyone can see that there are differences of opinion between Jim and me, I never for a moment doubted the sincerity of his passions on these issues, which is commendable.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
To fix typo.
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I think his goal is to have this thread shut down like he did the last one.  So on second thought, leave it open and ignore him. 

Yep and if anyone is upset enough they can report and let the mods do a clean up like last thread.

I don’t post my real name either for personal security reasons. But don’t try to mind read others either. And some here (including a mod) know me and what I look like lol

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1