Update from the Philadelphia Inquirer

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

correct. No one named Morrison should be. Fred dropped the ball. Look Rich Templin got let go from C2 because his daughter is dating Hopkins. Rich himself did nothing wrong, and in fact has among the most impeachable credibilities in the activity. Sometimes collateral damage happens. You think Mr. and Mrs. won't talk? 

They can't be trusted to act responsibly? Did they ever once tell parents or students upfront about Joel's past? In those own thread we have a Crossmen MM who admits flat out, no he did not. People found out about it on their own. Jesus, for all of the poor decision Teal Sound made, at least they were upfront about it when they hired him.' So please, show me why there should be trust for anyone named Morrison to act responsibly, because you just continue to further my argument for me

It is like cancer surgery - one needs to cut some good tissue along with the tumor, to make sure ALL of the cancer is removed.    

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

It is like cancer surgery - one needs to cut some good tissue along with the tumor, to make sure ALL of the cancer is removed.    

I also am OK with corps taking the Pompeia approach.

32 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Makes you wonder why so few corps directors have been women. 

According to some of late it is considered to be "toxic masculinity"...I strongly disagree with that...but that's what it has been referred to for men in positions of power

• Like 1

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Was Tailhook the big turning point?

(The DoD seems to have moved onto other kinds of scandals, like Fat Leonard.)

I know a Navy O-6 (Captain) who has a statement in an early-1990s Officer Performance Report (or whatever the Squids call them) that said "This Officer did not attend the 1992 Tailhook Convention"

100% true

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Great...the only flaw I see is in the case of yea.org...it is not at face value viewed or perceived as independent...even though it is independent in the situation you have outlined...as well as in the case of the Chicago law firm that was hired...that can be seen at face value just representing yea's interests...and the same goes for DCI...as JS said..not worth the paper it is written on...

The independent body MUST be just that... INDEPENDENT ...and I agree a body for ALL the corps...

RAIIN is an independent body...read their website. I doubt they would jeopardize their reputation of independence for small potatoes like YEA or even DCI.

RAIIN About page

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MikeD said:

RAIIN is an independent body...read their website. I doubt they would jeopardize their reputation of independence for small potatoes like YEA or even DCI.

RAIIN About page

NOT the point..perception...honestly I never heard of them before this....hence PERCEPTION.

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

And that’s the problem with the 14 pages of nonsense from DCI. No punitive punishment only discretionary. 

DCI needs to put a solid "DFTK' policy into the official rules (aka Blue Book)  as a Disqualifiable Offense, just like the member age requirements.  If it happens, immediate DQ for rest of season, PLUS the following season.  No money from DCI during that time either (put it in escrow).

“If you've got them by the b**ls, their hearts and minds will follow.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

DCI needs to put a solid "DFTK' policy into the official rules (aka Blue Book)  as a Disqualifiable Offense, just like the member age requirements.  If it happens, immediate DQ for rest of season, PLUS the following season.  No money from DCI during that time either (put it in escrow).

“If you've got them by the b**ls, their hearts and minds will follow.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

a fine should be in order as well. 

i.e. perhaps 10k first offence and 25k each additional. After one or two of these are levied...it may sink in..zero tolerance

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Great...the only flaw I see is in the case of yea.org...it is not at face value viewed or perceived as independent...even though it is independent in the situation you have outlined...as well as in the case of the Chicago law firm that was hired...that can be seen at face value just representing yea's interests...and the same goes for DCI...as JS said..not worth the paper it is written on...

The independent body MUST be just that... INDEPENDENT ...and I agree a body for ALL the corps...

RAIIN is COMPLETELY independent and that is why lots of organizations work with them to run these hotlines and support systems. Same with the law firm... they are INDEPENDENT. That is why they were hired. That is the reality.