Flo still sucks!

1 hour ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Because Flo isnt the problem.  Slow your rolls there.

Pretty much.

The problem is the picture quality, not the streaming tech itself. If you’re having any problems with actual playback that’s a user error of some sort.

10 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

Pretty much.

The problem is the picture quality, not the streaming tech itself. If you’re having any problems with actual playback that’s a user error of some sort.

picture quality?  it's been spectacular for every event i've watched this year. 

the sound mix at the venues for the "actual playback" has been absolute garbage for the past couple of events, which is a flo problem

i'm just glad that they get it together for finals, which have  been fine for the past couple of years

6 minutes ago, Lance said:

picture quality?  it's been spectacular for every event i've watched this year. 

the sound mix at the venues for the "actual playback" has been absolute garbage for the past couple of events, which is a flo problem

i'm just glad that they get it together for finals, which have  been fine for the past couple of years

Yeah, yeah. Just as spectacular as the DVD’s you probably still watch.

It’s a low bitrate 720p stream. It’s quantifiably bad. If you don’t notice because you watch on a small laptop screen (or have low standards for video quality in general) then that’s fine, but the quality is not “spectacular.” It’s garbage by 2018 standards.

1 hour ago, jeffmolnar said:

Yeah, yeah. Just as spectacular as the DVD’s you probably still watch.

It’s a low bitrate 720p stream. It’s quantifiably bad. If you don’t notice because you watch on a small laptop screen (or have low standards for video quality in general) then that’s fine, but the quality is not “spectacular.” It’s garbage by 2018 standards.

but worlds better than the sound mix

and if the sound mix is flo's problem, so is the bit rate options they provide for users

take care, kid

For adults on here, please understand, the service flo provides is totally adequate, and even if it weren't., I'd probably still pay for it. 

Hiring professional sound engineers familiar with marching music to cover the events, and hiring people who know how to run multi cam for pageantry events isn't too much to ask, though.  

It has gotten incrementally better for sure, though. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lance said:

For adults on here, please understand, the service flo provides is totally adequate, and even if it weren't., I'd probably still pay for it. 

Hiring professional sound engineers familiar with marching music to cover the events, and hiring people who know how to run multi cam for pageantry events isn't too much to ask, though.  

It has gotten incrementally better for sure, though. 

They have hired past marchers to help. There is a Facebook page that he asked what people want flo to write about, videos and how to better their webcasts. 

• Like 2

FLO is a lot better but still starving their bandwidth and there are pops/cracks (digital artifacts) in the audio probably present all the time but become annoying in the quiet parts. I am sure they would show up in Audacity (free audio software) as narrow band glitches that can be removed in post production but live, UDP has no error correction. The starving bandwidth shows up at random and  becomes noticeable when the green on the field starts to distort and pulsate and can lead to an unacceptable audio glitch. That occurs when FLO is not keeping the buffers full and has varying affects on the end users depending on age and condition of the rendering software in the home. Last night during Academy there was a drainage so bad it affected the audio on my gear which is a Republic of Gamers laptop, audio fed to a BOSE 231 stereo and big screen TV that seems to stream the rest of the internet perfectly. 

• Like 2

I've had a bit of a issue with streaming - and my tv is hard-wired to the internet that is very fast, so likely not the problem.  However, not running chrome so might have to try that.  My :unhappy: is it feels like less shows are being covered.  There were what, 3 shows today?  Not one of them ran.  It could be that I just have more of a vested interest now that previously, but I love watching all the corps.  Hopefully they'll grow with time :D