Mason, OH - June 25, 2018

2 minutes ago, dans said:

Just had to take a shot at the Cadets. They are not even at the show tonight. Hope you feel better now!

How is it taking a shot at them?...some people PREFER original interpretations...other PREFER unique interpretations...

• Like 4

I can see why Blow It Up comes across as a HBCU fight song, but it's so much more than that!

Just now, Liahona said:

I say make a mid-season CHANGE...can't get much um well..don't want to say it...

I didn't either. I know this belongs in the uniform thread, but......considering last year's great year and hoping a tier jump this year.......It will be fine by August, right? 

48 minutes ago, kevingamin said:

I can see that, actually, but I worry that they'll be afraid to push the envelope as a result when the time comes It's better to go too far and pull it back, I think.

Perhaps. I have full confidence in this new staff to make the choices that are right for this hornline. I’ve been encouraged by what I’ve seen so far. 

Starting big and shaping is a technique I’ve used often as a tech, but with a group with as young of membership as Pio has this year, solid fundamentals need to come first. Of course, I can only guess at the inner workings of this year’s staff. Regardless, I’m encouraged and excited for this show. 

OK, I have a 3 hour drive home and a 6 AM wake up. I'm heading out now. This is my last live coverage until the Centerville show on July 30th. See you then!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Pioneer

11hxyNk.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

Interesting coincidence seeing this at Mason: the Mason high school band famously had a large dragon prop rather like this one in their 2014 show, "Once Upon a Time", which included the Disney song "Once Upon a Dream" and featured the guard members dressed in fairly elaborate Maleficent costumes. It placed fifth in BOA Grand Nationals.

2 minutes ago, kevingamin said:

No shot taken. My point was simply that Boston's arrangement was further from the original than Cadets is. That's not a knock on Cadets at all. I actually prefer Cadets rendition as a result.

Just had to take a shot at the Crusaders.

/jk

• Haha 4

Last season the design propelled  the talent. This season it might be  suffocating the talent . 

Still a very good corps. Might be difficult to hold a top 6 spot. 

Edited by 777hornman

Just now, kevingamin said:

OK, I have a 3 hour drive home and a 6 AM wake up. I'm heading out now. This is my last live coverage until the Centerville show on July 30th. See you then!

Thanks for the play by play Kevin.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dans said:

Just had to take a shot at the Cadets. They are not even at the show tonight. Hope you feel better now!

nope.

He made a distinction. Not a shot.

I, too notice these programming & arranging distinctions, and appreciate those who create fresh versions.

• Like 1