Riverside, CA - July 1, 2018

1 minute ago, NCWVUFAN said:

All this BD vs SCV for the gold, remember, Bloo is on fire too and their show ain't too shabby :)

The music and visual captions will be key here. While Bloo's show design is on par with BD and SCV, the west coast corps seem to have better performers. If Bloo cleans up their product really well, they could stay in it to win it. But as of right now, I think they'll be in 3rd at Finals.

2 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

The music and visual captions will be key here. While Bloo's show design is on par with BD and SCV, the west coast corps seem to have better performers. If Bloo cleans up their product really well, they could stay in it to win it. But as of right now, I think they'll be in 3rd at Finals.

Oh, I doubt it, SCV has a nice show, very good drum corps and could win, BD not so much. Bloo has the GE, very good hornline and guard, there is nothing sloppy about this corps performance this go-a-round. If you haven't seen a performance this week.....you should.

9 minutes ago, NCWVUFAN said:

Oh, I doubt it, SCV has a nice show, very good drum corps and could win, BD not so much. Bloo has the GE, very good hornline and guard, there is nothing sloppy about this corps performance this go-a-round. If you haven't seen a performance this week.....you should.

There's also percussion. It cost Crown a championship in '15, and nearly cost them in '13. While there's still lots of time to go, I see Bloo's percussion sitting behind Crown's and Boston's last night in Lawrence, and that's making me worried for when they start matching up with BD and SCV (and possibly Cavies and BK as well), but you never know.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NCWVUFAN said:

I also recall Bloo coming out extremely strong last year as well and then fizzling our by season’s end. Will that happen again? Who knows, but I’m sure they’re not taking anything for granted. I’ve only seen Bloo on Flo, but their show doesn’t feel quite as cohesive to me as SCV’s. And the fact that they just came in 3rd in percussion behind Crown and Boston should be a bit of a concern when every tenth is going to matter at the end. 

• Like 2

Bloo's perc is a concern, but their book has alot of black in it, I don't think they are going to be a perc powerhouse this year but I think their scores will be high enough to keep them solid on the score sheet.

How did BD beat SCV in percussion in Riverside? Watched Pasadena and SCV percussion was on fire. 

Wasn't there last night but from all of the reviews I read, I wasn't expecting a full point difference between BK and Mandarins in GE. Thoughts from anyone in attendance?

29 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

How did BD beat SCV in percussion in Riverside? Watched Pasadena and SCV percussion was on fire. 

Because BD has a much harder book and it is now getting cleaner. How many Hurtas can you play SCV?

• Like 1