8:44    The Cadets - Allentown, PA
9:02    Boston Crusaders - Boston, MA
9:20    Bluecoats - Canton, OH
9:48    Scores Announced

Cranston Stadium
9 Flint Ave.
Cranston, RI 2910

• Like 3

Two Cranston thoughts/tips regarding Cranston that have little to do with tonight’s show, as far as what will happen on the field:

I have had to go to Cranston for non drum corps events and Cranston can get hot. Rhode Island is a bit further south and the temperatures can be a bit warmer. Cranston is located near the water but not the same way Lynn is located near the water so I don’t know if there will be sea breezes.

This tip is based on advice from a Cranston resident. Cranston allows on street parking in the neighborhoods. Your GPS will tell you you are a quarter of a mile from the stadium, you may see it, but that’s as the crow flies. There are curvy streets near the stadium and you may have to do a lot more walking than you expect. I don’t recall paid parking nearer the stadium though that could change this year since it’s the third year it is in Cranston, maybe there will be enterprising businesses that will offer paid parking.

There will be fireworks. You do not get quite the view of fireworks you did in Bristol, but you still might be able to catch a shot of your favorite corps competing tonight with fireworks in the background. Fireworks could work very well for BAC giving a flare effect, and Cadets if they are shot when the show gains intensity and volume. For Spirit, if they are running out their doors as the fireworks go off, it may look like they are being attacked! Not sure what it will do for the Bloo’s jazz club.

Do not think you are special. Cranston is not run by drum corps folks. DCI says no admittance when a show begins, the volunteers, just as they did in Bristol, will not let you in, no matter what your lanyard says. If you are spotted sitting where you are not supposed to, they will make you leave. It can actually be funny to watch.

• Like 3

Do not think you are special. Cranston is not run by drum corps folks. DCI says no admittance when a show begins, the volunteers, just as they did in Bristol, will not let you in, no matter what your lanyard says.

Last year we were running late for this show because of a dentist appointment. Ran to the stadium as 7th Regiment was getting ready to enter the field. I thought we'd make it in time, but then then we got behind somebody in the ticket line that couldn't make up their mind about the seats they wanted. They wouldn't let us into the stands because they were starting (even though we begged that it was one of our kids on the field). We had to stand outside and look through the fence.

Make sure you get there well before anyone you want to see.

Edited by kkrepps
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, kkrepps said:

Last year we were running late for this show because of a dentist appointment. Ran to the stadium as 7th Regiment was getting ready to enter the field. I thought we'd make it in time, but then then we got behind somebody in the ticket line that couldn't make up their mind about the seats they wanted. They wouldn't let us into the stands because they were starting (even though we begged that it was one of our kids on the field). We had to stand outside and look through the fence.

Make sure you get there well before anyone you want to see.

Some of the people “guarding”  in Cranston can make the Gestapo and secret police forces of the former Soviet Union look like Mickey Mouse.

Actually, I think half the audience in Cranston is made up of 7th Regiment family and friends. It’s as close to having a home show as you can get without the corps having to worry about concessions, program books, and ticket sales.

Speaking of 7th Regiment, if you’re planning an extended stay in New England, on July 5th, 7th Regiment  will once again be at Mystic Aquarium in Mystic, CT serenading the beluga whales. I only saw the video last year, but the belugas danced, or at least they appeared to dance. It looked like a great time and the aquarium is a great all ages place to visit, especially for kids.

4 hours ago, Tim K said:

Some of the people “guarding”  in Cranston can make the Gestapo and secret police forces of the former Soviet Union look like Mickey Mouse.

:laugh:

"Sir, You can't go in the stands now. Don't make me pepper spray you!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Tim K said:

Two Cranston thoughts/tips regarding Cranston that have little to do with tonight’s show, as far as what will happen on the field:

I have had to go to Cranston for non drum corps events and Cranston can get hot. Rhode Island is a bit further south and the temperatures can be a bit warmer. Cranston is located near the water but not the same way Lynn is located near the water so I don’t know if there will be sea breezes.

This tip is based on advice from a Cranston resident. Cranston allows on street parking in the neighborhoods. Your GPS will tell you you are a quarter of a mile from the stadium, you may see it, but that’s as the crow flies. There are curvy streets near the stadium and you may have to do a lot more walking than you expect. I don’t recall paid parking nearer the stadium though that could change this year since it’s the third year it is in Cranston, maybe there will be enterprising businesses that will offer paid parking.

There will be fireworks. You do not get quite the view of fireworks you did in Bristol, but you still might be able to catch a shot of your favorite corps competing tonight with fireworks in the background. Fireworks could work very well for BAC giving a flare effect, and Cadets if they are shot when the show gains intensity and volume. For Spirit, if they are running out their doors as the fireworks go off, it may look like they are being attacked! Not sure what it will do for the Bloo’s jazz club.

Do not think you are special. Cranston is not run by drum corps folks. DCI says no admittance when a show begins, the volunteers, just as they did in Bristol, will not let you in, no matter what your lanyard says. If you are spotted sitting where you are not supposed to, they will make you leave. It can actually be funny to watch.

Bloo brings their own fireworks every night! :-)

• Like 6

Cranston is hot and parking is a bit more restricted, but if you are reading this you are either here you are at home. If you're on the way, stop reading this and pay attention to the road. Driving through Providence can be a life or death experience:poke:!

• Like 1

Are the Sunrisers getting a score, or comments, or are they performing entirely in exhibition?

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Are the Sunrisers getting a score, or comments, or are they performing entirely in exhibition?

From the announcement it sounds like exhibition only.