Drums Along the Rockies - July 14, 2018

11 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

FLO is working great on home laptop no glitches and very professional looking. Thank You

It's better than last year ... but I'm still seeing some closeups that either go on too long or were never a good idea in the first place.  I don't need to see the pit changing mallets!  

Edited by luv4corps

10 minutes ago, sssmello said:

Was it possible that they actually face the real world west? Either that or they’ve chosen that it’s always in reference to the football field ala left

posted from the DrumScorps app

No it seems they just hadn't gotten around to that detail yet. Now all the compass points turn from east and white at the beginning of the show to west and yellow at the end (one switching after each movement)--that's from the audience's point of view as if the field were a map with conventional modern orientation.

(Speaking of which, our modern maps aren't "oriented" at all. As everyone knows, "orient" means "east", and reason we use it in reference to direction generally is that in the early Middle Ages, east was the "right" direction to point: toward the rising sun, toward Jerusalem. Churches were built facing that way. Maps were drawn with east at the top.)

Fingers crossed for OC.  Hopefully they will be able to take advantage of this fortunate spot in the lineup.  The show is loads of fun if you've ever seen "The Shining". 

Sell it OC!

30 minutes ago, shofmon88 said:

Is it even Flo’s team? I know in the past part of the contract with the stadium required the use of their in-house media team. If so, they’ve certainly improved from those nasty camera changes a few years ago.

posted from the DrumScorps app

Yes. to the best of my knowledge and experience, this is being produced and controlled  IN-HOUSE NOTE: No "Flo" commercials and NO incessant rocket mortgage commercials , you can tell by the vast improvement in Graphics, audio/video and use of professional Broadcast Quality equipment including the high definition cameras. They are also in control of all video being fed to the stadium screens, which by the way has its own separate staff. .    Enjoying this feed very much.  

Redrum!! And Bartok! :biggrin:

• Like 1

My first look at OC this season too.  They've got some classic Quaker Oats shakos going things year.  They look super tall.  The demented color guard twins look is great too.

• Like 1