DCI Southwestern Regional - July 21, 2018

40 minutes ago, CrossmenMelloMom said:

If it’s full you may have to drive around and park downtown and walk to Stadium. We’ve had to do that the past 2 years. There is an Apt complex across the highway that we’ve found parking and not too far of a walk. Ended up not having to pay for parking by just parking on the street and walking. This year I’m having my daughter drop us off and pick us up as my Mom will be with me and she’s not up to hikes through the heat. Good luck!!! Hope you find something close.

posted from the DrumScorps app

I have a friend that lives there. I am going to text her and see if she can do that for me.

I know this is just one event but I can't help but be a little anxious. SCV just hit 90.325 on July 17th. If I am correct that is the highest score ever achieved in DCI history 26 days into the season and they are on pace for like 102 or 103 which I KNOW is impossible. What if this is the corp that hits 100 for the first time ever. They have no weaknesses and I've never seen a run quite like this before. BD 2014 wasn't even this hot.

What is wired though is I believe that BD and BC hit their highest marks ever at this point in the season. Are scores a little inflated this year? Are they just that good?

This year competitively compares with 2016 a little but there are five, possibly six corps that could medal.

Any thoughts?

14 minutes ago, Cfmninjaa said:

I know this is just one event but I can't help but be a little anxious. SCV just hit 90.325 on July 17th. If I am correct that is the highest score ever achieved in DCI history 26 days into the season and they are on pace for like 102 or 103 which I KNOW is impossible. What if this is the corp that hits 100 for the first time ever. They have no weaknesses and I've never seen a run quite like this before. BD 2014 wasn't even this hot.

What is wired though is I believe that BD and BC hit their highest marks ever at this point in the season. Are scores a little inflated this year? Are they just that good?

This year competitively compares with 2016 a little but there are five, possibly six corps that could medal.

Any thoughts?

This day 8 years ago, BD popped a 91.15 in Edmond Oklahoma. Which was fours days before San Antonio where they scored 92.30.

18 minutes ago, Cfmninjaa said:

Any thoughts?

And July 18th and 19th of 2014 which was the Houston and San Antonio shows, BD popped scores of 91.30 and 91.65.

54 minutes ago, Cfmninjaa said:

Any thoughts?

I wouldn't be anxious about it. The champion will likely finish just over 98 at finals. Although 2014 BD is arguably the greatest corps ever, in my opinion, that 99.65 was more about a numbers management issue than it was about a nearly perfect performance. They were just so much better than everyone else and the judges ran out of room at the top. 

In 1987, Vanguard got a 91.6 on 7/18. 97.8 on finals night. I think it's happened more than once in the 80s and 90s but I'm not sure.

1 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

14 minutes ago, Cfmninjaa said:

Any thoughts?

This day 8 years ago, BD popped a 91.15 in Edmond Oklahoma. Which was fours days before San Antonio where they scored 92.30.

26 days after premiere well... there wasn't any events so ill go 27. BD got a 88.65 in 2014 27 days in the season.

51 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

54 minutes ago, Cfmninjaa said:

Any thoughts?

I wouldn't be anxious about it. The champion will likely finish just over 98 at finals. Although 2014 BD is arguably the greatest corps ever, in my opinion, that 99.65 was more about a numbers management issue than it was about a nearly perfect performance. They were just so much better than everyone else and the judges ran out of room at the top. 

In 1987, Vanguard got a 91.6 on 7/18. 97.8 on finals night. I think it's happened more than once in the 80s and 90s but I'm not sure.

Well its hard to compare as I believe the way competitions were judged back then was different. The cavs had an 87.3 which was 26 days in but like before, its very hard to tell what that translates into now. Only thing I can really state for sure is that this is a very competitive season and one of the best i've ever witnessed

3 hours ago, Cfmninjaa said:

Any thoughts?

SCV has much fiercer competition this year than BD did in 2014 in my opinion. Because of that, I don’t see SCV breaking BD’s record this year 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

SCV has much fiercer competition this year than BD did in 2014 in my opinion. Because of that, I don’t see SCV breaking BD’s record this year 

Agreed. No one is coming close to 99 this year. I think gold and silver will be in the low 98's high 97's.  

15 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

3 hours ago, Cfmninjaa said:

Any thoughts?

If I remember correctly the cadet and crown in that order were pretty close though I do still think the competition is more fierce. I dont see bloo getting 5th and I dont see BD getting 3rd unless its to the hands of SCV and Bloo and thats if Bloo sorts out its percussion issues.

I still think this year will be the best time for that record to be broken.

btw that dance break is one of a kind. I don't know how I feel about it yet but I said the same thing about blood singer.