Babylon

Things are looking really good for SCV this year.

If Babylon wins the title- how will it be looked back on in Drum Corps history?

Is it a legendary show?

• Like 1

Always too early to tell, even if it wins. There's some years that feel iconic in the moment, but almost never get a rewatch/listen after the fact (I'm looking at you 07!). Only time will tell on the legacy, but I will say, in the moment, 18 has been a lot of fun!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

Things are looking really good for SCV this year.

If Babylon wins the title- how will it be looked back on in Drum Corps history?

Is it a legendary show?

How about we wait until finals night at 11:15pm before we start this thread! 

The title winning shows  from the past 10 years that I consider to be legendary are

Spartacus- Phantoms first solo championship... such a story of how it got there...such a powerful aggressive show.

BD 2014- freakishly high scoring and ran away with the championship from day one. The best show the judges have seen yet. (FWIW I prefer BD 09 and 17 by a landslide over this but it's personal preference)

Bluecoats 16- it was just so different from anything else yet. Now no top 12 corps has  traditional uniforms and the 3d/4d thing and music tech has gotten so much more prevelent.

I think SCV is the best on the field this year but I don't know if this is quite as legendary.

Edited by ThePlanets
Stupid autocorrect
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Box5Opinion said:

How about we wait until finals night at 11:15pm before we start this thread! 

Nah I like to have fun and speculate way too early.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, ouooga said:

Always too early to tell, even if it wins. There's some years that feel iconic in the moment, but almost never get a rewatch/listen after the fact (I'm looking at you 07!). Only time will tell on the legacy, but I will say, in the moment, 18 has been a lot of fun!

07 was a great competition year...but nah I don't listen or watch the shows often.

15 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

The title winning shows  from the past 10 years that I consider to be legendary are

Spartacus- Phantoms first solo championship... such a story of how it got there...such a powerful aggressive show.

BD 2014- freakishly high scoring and ran away with the championship from day one. The best show the judges have seen yet. (FWIW I prefer BD 09 and 17 by a landslide over this but it's personal preference)

Bluecoats 16- it was just so different from anything else yet. Now no top 12 corps has a traditional uniforms and the 3d/4d thing and must tech has gotten so much more prevelent.

I think SCV is the best on the field this year but I don't know if this is quite as legendary.

I agree with all three of these!

Mike

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

07 was a great competition year...but nah I don't listen or watch the shows often.

I listen to the top 8 at least once a month. Especially Blue Devils, Cadets, and Phantom Regiment. Cavaliers show is light-hearted entertainment as well.

28 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

Bluecoats 16- it was just so different from anything else yet. Now no top 12 corps has a traditional uniforms and the 3d/4d thing and must tech has gotten so much more prevelent.

I would add Crown 2013 and maybe 12. I know 12 didn't win, and BD 13 wasn't their best, but those two shows were beasts.

2009 crown honorable mention, for music. Absolutely wonderful musical program. One of the best ever IMO. 

I would not put this year's SCV in this category. 

Edited by BoyWonder1911
  • Like 1