Allentown Housing Urgent!

On 7/31/2018 at 4:15 PM, dcikon2 said:

I would be skeptical of using Allentown again for a contest if enough adequate housing can't be found for all of the corps.

It is the number one issue that faces DCI and it isn't just the Northeast 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cage said:

It is the number one issue that faces DCI and it isn't just the Northeast 

yup. even in Indy

• Thanks 1

Jeff Cox and Jim Paxton of DCI deserve much credit.  I only help for Allentown, they secure housing for the entire tour.  I do not envy their job.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

great!!

Mike....take 10 minutes...drink whatever you choose...then plunge your head in cold water. you should feel almost human for a few!

No time to rest.  I am back on tour with the Vanguard!  Get ready Chester, PA. We are on our way!

Just as a contingency if push comes to shove at some point. Do corps need to be this large? I get it, the size today is meeting critical financial targets, it drives the quality product that we expect and is never disappointed with, not questioning anything being done today, it works. It would ease housing where 2 corps share a facility. Not perfect at all just a thought.

7 hours ago, mryan said:

We Have Housing!  Oregon Crusaders will stay at Dieruff High School and Genesis are staying at Matawan High School.  Thank you everyone for your help!

This must have been a bunch of stress for you.  Well done!!!!:babies:

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

BUMP.

Cadets housing apparently fell through again. Grrrr.

Liahona said this in the Chester show post soon after speaking to the corps director.

Just down to one corps great - hotel? Small hold-harmless go-fund-me campaign a 50/50 doesn't seem to be that difficult to rase. I understand there is a larger looming issue with housing. But isn't this a one-off situation because of the flooding?  

Edited by Bluzes
typo

2 hours ago, Bluzes said:

Just down to one corps great - hotel? Small hold-harmless go-fund-me campaign a 50/50 doesn't seem to be that difficult to rase. I understand there is a larger looming issue with housing. But isn't this a one-off situation because of the flooding?  

thats part of it. part of it is well...schools dont want outsiders like they used to. and that news story a few months ago