DCI World Champs Prelims - Aug 9, 2018

Just now, N.E. Brigand said:

Hmm. River City Rhythm and Southwind both have a 0.3 penalty.

RCR might have been under time. I clocked them at 10:02. But since Gold wasn't penalized for being much shorter, that's probably not it.

Southwind I clocked at 10:43, so I think it must have been something else. Maybe they and RCR both warmed up in the wrong place or something like that?

I've been curious about that. Ever since they changed the minimum length for Open Class but have Open Class compete in World Class prelims, I wondered if OC corps got penalized for being under time still. Seems a bit unfair.

4 minutes ago, Jim Alberty said:

Yeah, lead bari in 1975 ... went to BD in 77

I owrfiemed with your bari comrade in arms Ron in FAC and the BD/SCV Alumni gig. Small world!

Loved Cascades visual design.

Just now, brassboy said:

I've been curious about that. Ever since they changed the minimum length for Open Class but have Open Class compete in World Class prelims, I wondered if OC corps got penalized for being under time still. Seems a bit unfair.

Based on past years, they don't get penalized today. And I think that's unfair. If you're playing on World Class sheets, you should have a full length show.

However, the Open Class and World Class directors apparently don't think it's a problem, since it's never been fixed.

• Like 1

Ok Cascades!  

Tuesday night it felt like "Ok Spartans v. Genesis is going to be the break point for Semis."  Today Spartans pass Legends and Cascades put on a heck of a show.  

Score announcements for semis will be interesting!

• Like 1

Now that's what I love to see!!!! A corps that knows moving on to the next competition is on the line and just lays it all down. That was a TIGHT, clean performance, Cascades!!! I imagine that would reasonably score around (ha) a 74 - 75, so it will be tight. I personally would rather see Scades back in Semis over Legends, though --- just a much cleaner run from Cascades and I applaud that. 

• Like 1