The Cadets 2019

14 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

well for 6 minutes

The minimalist approach. :laughing:

• Haha 1

To belabor my point a bit more... maybe Cadets can innovate (in the future, not this season) by using original music, which, free from the burden of source material, can be written to have all the necessary impact and difficulty and double-tonguing features etc.  but still have a sense of cohesion and logical musical development. We can dream, right?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FTNK said:

To belabor my point a bit more... maybe Cadets can innovate (in the future, not this season) by using original music, which, free from the burden of source material, can be written to have all the necessary impact and difficulty and double-tonguing features etc.  but still have a sense of cohesion and logical musical development. We can dream, right?

Agreed we need much more original music written with the idiom in mind 

SDFTCC comes to mind 

i also agree on the “future” as right now the future is to rapidly rebuild the captions and build the organization back up. All captions in the top six then all in the top for again... 

Edited by George Dixon

1 hour ago, FTNK said:

I love you. 

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Agreed we need much more original music written with the idiom in mind 

SDFTCC comes to mind 

i also agree on the “future” as right now the future is to rapidly rebuild the captions and build the organization back up. All captions in the top six then all in the top for again... 

I believe it can be both in one season. We shall see. 

And let's get the guard some big flags like 1996. I think they could use more presence lol...

Edited by 2000Cadet

20 hours ago, George Dixon said:

so close...

ahhh....Symphonic Dances for the Confused Drum Corps Fan

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

ahhh....Symphonic Dances for the Confused Drum Corps Fan

Other than a precise company front nothing screams drum corps like an atom bomb cloud drill formation! I personally loved it but was probably in the minority 

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 11:29 AM, FTNK said:

And they just played the same melody over and over the entire show

For me I can go nuts for some shows all season but that does not carry over to the media. This year it was SCV & Bloo thought they were the cats meow live. Now BD & Cavies are it. It is a great thing since I still like it all but favorites have changed. 

2 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

For me I can go nuts for some shows all season but that does not carry over to the media. This year it was SCV & Bloo thought they were the cats meow live. Now BD & Cavies are it. It is a great thing since I still like it all but favorites have changed. 

Hated Cavaliers now two years running, but taste is so subjective. My show preferences sometimes grown on me or change in season. Might like something online and then feel different in person 

drum corps has always been a best live sort of thing for me - but certainly some shows age well and others don’t with repeated listens