Interesting occurrence at I&E this year

5 hours ago, Bluzes said:

The kids see how some are treated here when some of us stand up for them. They move to  a safe place like reddit that's not safe at all. I feel sometimes that there is a dci shill network a secret society (them cavies) that have a private que planning their attack. Pitchers change but insults remain the same. Bluzes is deep into the bull pen just tiering them out with foul balls. None of this is intended and I believe what I and others post that may shed light where mushrooms should grow. 

kids see DCP, forums and Facebook, as the grumpy old men society

• Like 4

Mr Achenson I have all the respect in the world for what you have done with dci. I never had a situation in business that I did not face man to man and this is no exception.

You sir have created this situation by insinuating  to the Music City staff that your un happy with the art that a MM created. Why would you want to create another thread where all the stuff in the hazing thread resurfaced?

I was the one who pleaded to the modertors to close that thread last week. Which dissapeared from the front page a few days latter. Now both that thread is back and this thread was created. I am sadden by that.

Your PR Department should be in clean up mode. Not wanting this situation to push more MMs to Reddit. Why do you think someone wants to pay his way next year? 

In a time when we should be mending fences showing your emotions  in a publc forum is not helping at all. You had more private ways to convey your hurt fellings. And your shills say I play the victum? Please ask them to back off or I will keep running them in circles.

3 hours ago, garfield said:

So, as a member of Friends, you expect me to simply accept the mud thrown at the personal reputations and intentions of the membership (me) regardless of how baseless the accusation?

Right.

And my emphasis on using proper grammar and syntax when communicating on a comment-posting board are out of line.

OK.  I don't.  If I'm expected to respond thoughtfully, it's reasonable to expect the mud being thrown is, at least, spelled correctly.

And, as someone who's posts I normally respect as well, in many instances that didn't involve my connotation of Friends membership as "elite", we'd be calling Bluzes a troll.

Right.

Being a member of Friends is "elitist".

Right.

i was at one time a Friends member. the amount of #### talk flowing in those circles made RAMD tame

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Mr Achenson I have all the respect in the world for what you have done with dci. I never had a situation in business that I did not face man to man and this is no exception.

You sir have created this situation by insinuating  to the Music City staff that your un happy with the art that a MM created. Why would you want to create another thread where all the stuff in the hazing thread resurfaced?

I was the one who pleaded to the modertors to close that thread last week. Which dissapeared from the front page a few days latter. Now both that thread is back and this thread was created. I am sadden by that.

Your PR Department should be in clean up mode. Not wanting this situation to push more MMs to Reddit. Why do you think someone wants to pay his way next year? 

In a time when we should be mending fences showing your emotions  in a publc forum is not helping at all. You had more private ways to convey your hurt fellings. And your shills say I play the victum? Please ask them to back off or I will keep running them in circles.

As i saw mentioned elsewhere, apparently there's a code of conduct for DCI, and what happened here violated it. Not to mention, given everything that came to light in April, it's the kind of thing lawyers would advise DCI to steer clear of. Say that video got out. He who shalt not be named could have seen it and sued DCI and/or the kid or corps for slander. Is that what DCI needs? Even if they would win in court, thats time and resources that could have been used in far better ways. 

There's a part of me thats still irreverent enough to listen to Stern every day that laughs. And there's another part of me that is mostly adult that says "#### kids".

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

kids see DCP, forums and Facebook, as the grumpy old men society

Correct, kids need an app for everything including reporting their safety concerns upstream. I stay away from other forums, FB, Twitter all of them. However as much as we beat each other up I like the grumpy old men here!!!!!

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Correct, kids need an app for everything including reporting their safety concerns upstream. I stay away from other forums, FB, Twitter all of them. However as much as we beat each other up I like the grumpy old men here!!!!!

the problem with an app is who mans it? Who does the vetting? DCI HQ is already running on a skeletal staff. so to pony up for this position, you have to get all of the corps to agree to it

40 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

the problem with an app is who mans it?

Jeff this is not directed at you. You are doing your best to stay objective and is much appreciated by many. 

That's the problem in any solution. Being not in the know but knowing when all this started one may assume we are not still scratching our heads about all this? It's like popping into practice the last week of the season and the corps is still learning the off-the-line. In Drum Corps Time this is over a year old what's the hold up?

Partnering with dci is so much fun. Flo had to charge us for the season before any schedule was posted. Was told at the time that dci was too busy fixing this there was no time for scheduling. So how do the MM report this upstream? Or do we need a MMs parent to come on here and ask the question or raise the question directly to the Corps and dci? That could be arranged. 

The who man's it part is the internet robots programmed into the app. It's not maned at all, all the app does is send alerts.Through various methods such as text, emails, tweets whatever has several hierarchy 's. No response moves to a secondary all the way up to the CEO. It also has a hierarchy that is time sensitive waiting for a resolution back to the OP.. Moves up the chain for responses and replies. If the first responder does not act then they become part of the problem. A true measure that supports the verbiage from the safety section stored on-line.

Edited by Bluzes
typo

6 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

if it hit Reddit that tells me members were unable or did not know how to go thru the proper channels to let DCI know. Reddit was last resort to get the word out

Unfortunately, I think that makes too much sense. Or a feeling of frustrated desperation because there was a perception that nothing was done.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bluzes said:

An app to do what, exactly?  Please explain your theory of what this app would actually do.

My cynical side thinks that an app is TOO easy, and can imagine minor complaints between young people, and young people with their teachers, as being little daggers they throw at each other with their thumbs.

A designated person in each organization who presents such an unbiased and non-agenda'd position in the corps that every member of the org can consider him/her (preferably her, IMO) their trusted confidant and best friend. One who can immediately provide protection and take appropriate action on the spot and in the chain of command.

I'm not this smart, folks. I'm stealing these phrases from actual Board members of actual corps who are having these conversations and solidifying language and texture to cover the mind-boggling myriad of complications surrounding reaching amenable agreement among 40-odd independent organizations enough to codify it. 

These solutions are in place, now, at many (IMO, "most, if not all") corps, and they're installing immediate policies and talking to staffs.