Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I get that - I don't think the judge feedback was for the better. That's what I was saying I guess. The original design they derided as "cluttered" was superior IMO

IMHO they planned on "figuring out" how to make the tramps work and never really found it.    Great musical concept with a not so great visual design.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really glad you posted this. Since ‘13, this was the only Crown show I didn’t have the opportunity to see in person. We bought the Memphis PPV event, watched it live, and I’ve listened to a recording of it many times, on an mp3 I made.

Sandwiched between ‘13 and ‘15, I believe OOTW has always gotten short shrift among Crown faithful. That show told a great story and the technical challenges of the brass book still blow me away.

While an unabashed Crown honk, I must admit “Tilt” was my fave in ‘14 and I’ll concede that the Fellini thing probably rated gold. 

But Crown put on a heck of a show that season, too.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, nsxanax said:

Really glad you posted this. Since ‘13, this was the only Crown show I didn’t have the opportunity to see in person. We bought the Memphis PPV event, watched it live, and I’ve listened to a recording of it many times, on an mp3 I made.

Sandwiched between ‘13 and ‘15, I believe OOTW has always gotten short shrift among Crown faithful. That show told a great story and the technical challenges of the brass book still blow me away.

While an unabashed Crown honk, I must admit “Tilt” was my fave in ‘14 and I’ll concede that the Fellini thing probably rated gold. 

But Crown put on a heck of a show that season, too.

 

OOTW is one of my favorite "modern" Crown brass books.  They did a great job creating music that was greater than the sum of its parts.

Mike

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2018 at 12:30 PM, MikeN said:

OOTW is one of my favorite "modern" Crown brass books.  They did a great job creating music that was greater than the sum of its parts.

Mike

The music was OOTW, the visual was cluttered.  Still should of won high brass IMO. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

Interesting

 

Crown has been making a real effort (through their CrownCARES initiative) to give their corps members an opportunity to truly be a part of a larger community.  What a wonderful life lesson to impart as part of the drum corps experience.   It's good to see the initiative continuing to grow!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2018 at 12:15 AM, wigwam said:

The music was OOTW, the visual was cluttered.  Still should of won high brass IMO. 

 

Great clip, @wigwam.  These are the Navy Seals of the brass world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BassClefTristan said:

 

I've made the line! I'm incredibly excited and will tell y'all now you guys are in for an awesome year from Crown.

Congrats, but easy on the hype BCT.  Enjoy the ride .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BassClefTristan said:

Edit:

I've made the line! I'm incredibly excited and will tell y'all now you guys are in for an awesome year from Crown.

 

5 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Congrats, but easy on the hype BCT.  Enjoy the ride .

No hype from Tristan -- just facts. 

Crown ALWAYS delivers an awesome year for their fans.  

WTG Tristan!  Can't wait to see you out there Wearing The Crown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.