Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Incognito365 said:

How well you march and play, not how much you march and play.

Though I do think an addendum needs to be added after this season, otherwise DCI can no longer call itself Marching Arts Major League. The name should be changed to Flutter Steps Major League.

Exactly. That’s why I hope I’m so wrong and somehow Crown pulls it off and wins, but I think the judges have it in their minds where people should be, and that rarely changes from now until the end of the season, and it’s even hard to argue it should because the top 4 are just amazing. Hell the top 6 are.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, queenanne_1536 said:

The only corps I think may change their current position is BD winning it all and knocking Bloo to 2nd. But I fully expect Vanguard 3rd, Crown 4th, BAC 5th and Cavies 6th at finals.

Exactly. You think. Doesn't mean we all have to think the same way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Incognito365 said:

Exactly. You think. Doesn't mean we all have to think the same way. 

Nope, doesn’t. But I will be right that Saturday night in August.

1. Bloo or BD

2. BD or Bloo

3. Vanguard

4. Crown

5. Boston

6. Cavies

I will be 100% right. Remember I said this. If I’m wrong (and I hope I am because like I’ve said 6,000 times I want Crown to win), but I will eat crow big time if I’m wrong.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO this activity is about music and motion not about engineering and climbing on playground equipment.   It’s silly is what it is. 

  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, karuna said:

IMO this activity is about music and motion not about engineering and climbing on playground equipment.   It’s silly is what it is. 

I agree. Honestly. It’s just so boring. I’m cancelling my Flo membership after this season. What’s the point when I only will watch three shows Crown and BD because I actually love their shows, and Vanguard because they are my #1. If they weren’t, I wouldn’t be watching them either. 

Unfortunately, in today’s world show designs like Crown’s just don’t get rewarded like show designs the current top 3 have. That’s a fact, and that’s not going to change, unfortunately. 

So next year, I’ll just see what videos I can early season and then decided if I want to chuck it all (and find something new to love) or sign up for Flo again.

But, for the rest of the season, I’ll be watching only those three, because everyone else is so boring. I find BAC even boring now, although I liked them earlier. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Nope, doesn’t. But I will be right that Saturday night in August.

1. Bloo or BD

2. BD or Bloo

3. Vanguard

4. Crown

5. Boston

6. Cavies

I will be 100% right. Remember I said this. If I’m wrong (and I hope I am because like I’ve said 6,000 times I want Crown to win), but I will eat crow big time if I’m wrong.

Because all that matters is that you're right. Congrats? What do you want? Just because you'll be right doesn't mean we can't have hope? You're literally taking all the fun out of the Crown thread and it's starting to get on my nerves. Anytime anyone says anything about Crown moving up you AUTOMATICALLY jump in and shut them down. You're starting to get as bad as other members on here. There's no reason for you to do it. I don't care at this point. I'm going to continue hoping that they move up at least one placement or become competitive with the top 3 to fight for a medal regardless of how many countless times you want to say that you're right and we're all wrong.

 

Now, lets enjoy the rest of the season shall we?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Because all that matters is that you're right. Congrats? What do you want? Just because you'll be right doesn't mean we can't have hope? You're literally taking all the fun out of the Crown thread and it's starting to get on my nerves. Anytime anyone says anything about Crown moving up you AUTOMATICALLY jump in and shut them down. You're starting to get as bad as other members on here. There's no reason for you to do it. I don't care at this point. I'm going to continue hoping that they move up at least one placement or become competitive with the top 3 to fight for a medal regardless of how many countless times you want to say that you're right and we're all wrong.

 

Now, lets enjoy the rest of the season shall we?

EDIT.

Edited by queenanne_1536

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The crown thread the past 3 years has been comedy gold

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

On the positive side, the show design is much better this season, but still not at a point where the corps can compete with the top tier. If the corps management is happy with than, then mission accomplished. However, this corps has too much talent to be wasted in subpar designs, and it’s obvious the past three seasons the direction they’ve moved has not worked competitively. I love this corps but not enough to blow anime up people’s butts and say that all is well.  At some point these design decisions and 4th place finishes are going to add up and the talent (students and staff) will begin going elsewhere. I’m not trying to yell fire, but at some point something has to give. 

 

Indint think this years years show is doomed, but I don’t think it has the design elements needed to win, and that’s been the problem with the corps now for the last three years. You can’t bank on being technically better than everyone in order to win a championship - GE is way too important of a number to ignore. 

I agree with this. I would also add that looking toward the “designers” to right the ship is only part of it. Crown, for years, has had some of the finest instructional staff the activity has ever known. At some point though, if they haven’t already done so, that same instructional staff (and executive directors) need to demand even more from the design team - more fitting to the high talent level the corps has. If change is necessary, so be it. We are now into year 3 of sub-medal contending conception and design. One could even argue the music this year is not what we have grown so accustomed to from Crown.

That said, the sky isn’t falling. It’s simply Crown has been an elite for so long now that anything less than medal-contending is deemed as a miss. A top-3 finish is not out of the question but will be pretty darn hard to make. Who you going to overtake from Bloo, BD, SCV?  I don’t see it happening but if there’s a corps who can do it, why not Crown? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't have expected Corpsband to choose "Incognito365" as his new DCP name.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.