Blue Devils 2019

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

I think the biggest complaint about the Rose Bowl was the buzzing of stadium lights in 2007. But again i could be wrong. 

The Rose Bowl is way too shallow imo, and ingress/egress to seating was awful, as was access to the stadium location in general.

Edited by skevinp

2 minutes ago, skevinp said:

The Rose Bowl is way too shallow imo, and ingress/egress to seating was awful, as was access to the stadium location in general.

Good point. As of right now if California was to hold finals again, i think Stanford would be the best option, until the Lambs and the other team not to be named build the stadium in LA. Go Niners. 

27 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Good point. As of right now if California was to hold finals again, i think Stanford would be the best option, until the Lambs and the other team not to be named build the stadium in LA. Go Niners. 

If CA was to hold finals it’s after the Indy deal expires. Otherwise it’s mute. Levi would be a bigger option in a scenario. They hosted NCAA football championships and hold the PAC 12 football championship game. Stanford is a nice stadium but too small for World. . Maybe Open  class. 

1 hour ago, desertrat68 said:

I'm in Phoenix right now and you do not want to be a drum corps trying to rehearse here. Or warm up here. Or just generally be outside here. NO body wants to be outside here. And while we have the doomed stadium, there isn't any buildings connected to it and the sound inside for marching bands is just AWEFUL. 

The average high in Phoenix on Aug 8-10 is 104.6

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, skevinp said:

The average high in Phoenix on Aug 8-10 is 104.6

I know, I know, I know.  Why do I live here? ... I think I'll go to California next week.  Gotta be cooler.

15 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

If CA was to hold finals it’s after the Indy deal expires. Otherwise it’s mute. Levi would be a bigger option in a scenario. They hosted NCAA football championships and hold the PAC 12 football championship game. Stanford is a nice stadium but too small for World. . Maybe Open  class. 

Yes it's a mute point. As to Stanford being to small, it's around the same size as prior finals locations. Citrus bowl, Byrd stadium in College park Maryland, Indiana University. If need be, it could work. Keep in mind Stanford was big enough to host a Super Bowl. Yes Levi's is larger, but Levi's also has less seating by a large margin on what would be the concert side. 

11 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Yes it's a mute point. As to Stanford being to small, it's around the same size as prior finals locations. Citrus bowl, Byrd stadium in College park Maryland, Indiana University. If need be, it could work. Keep in mind Stanford was big enough to host a Super Bowl. Yes Levi's is larger, but Levi's also has less seating by a large margin on what would be the concert side. 

Dude. That was the old stadium that hosted the Super Bowl. It’s gone. The new stadium is much smaller but very intimate. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Unless you meant Stanford University it’s self? I think if finals ever comes west it’s LA. The new Rams Stadium seems huge. Outdoors too. 

6 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Dude. That was the old stadium that hosted the Super Bowl. It’s gone. The new stadium is much smaller but very intimate. 

I stand corrected.

4 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Unless you meant Stanford University it’s self? I think if finals ever comes west it’s LA. The new Rams Stadium seems huge. Outdoors too. 

But yes i agree LA will probaly be the finals site if they ever come back west. Let's hope they do, regardless of where it is in Cali.

• Like 1