Recommended Posts

Did Crossmen just announce its show?

41341506_10155996787913335_1511585586316

Source: Crossmen Official Facebook

Edited by DrumCorpsRadio
Source cited
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I dont see any names so no. 

What do you mean by names? It's from the Crossmen Facebook page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is with the Celtic trinitarian symbol (the Irish knot variation) behind the Crossmen 2019 name.  Another clue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, xandandl said:

What is with the Celtic trinitarian symbol (the Irish knot variation) behind the Crossmen 2019 name.  Another clue?

It's (also) Norse - the triple horn of Odin.

Edited by kdaddy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

It's (also) Norse - the triple horn of Odin.

As the Vikings began invasions of Ireland from 795 Anno Domini to 1120 A.D., which is several hundred years after Ireland had already embraced Trinitarian Christianity, perhaps there is a commingling of cultural symbols although the meanings of the symbols have become divergent over the ages. Crossmen designers will need be wary to express one one thing without being seen to representing the other. You know, that Cultural Sensitivity issue that is DCI au courant.

Edited by xandandl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, xandandl said:

As the Vikings began invasions of Ireland from 795 Anno Domini to 1120 A.D., which is several hundred years after Ireland had already embraced Trinitarian Christianity, perhaps there is a commingling of cultural symbols although the meanings of the symbols have become divergent over the ages. Crossmen designers will need be wary to express one one thing without being seen to representing the other. You know, that Cultural Sensitivity issue that is DCI au courant.

Cool story, bro. 

And here's guessing the only person worried about this symbol is you, who mocks the notion of cultural sensitivity. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kdaddy said:

Cool story, bro. 

And here's guessing the only person worried about this symbol is you, who mocks the notion of cultural sensitivity. 

mocking?  You are injecting an opinion that isn't accurate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.