Scott Stewart, other notables named to Pioneer BoD

31 minutes ago, xandandl said:

It looks promising. Larry Case is a good appointment. I believe his son was drum major when Pio was one show away from a three-peat in were DII. I’m sure he would love to see them competitive again. Long road ahead. Godspeed!

10 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

It looks promising. Larry Case is a good appointment. I believe his son was drum major when Pio was one show away from a three-peat in were DII. I’m sure he would love to see them competitive again. Long road ahead. Godspeed!

Wrong Case family. The drum major from 1996 was from Brown Deer, WI. Larry Case is from the Chicago area. 

• Thanks 1

I don't know all of those names, but I'm encouraged to read about the ones I do know (Scott Stewart, Steve Vickers). The two alumni I recognize (Al Dobyns and Tim Osterbeck) have been very active online supporters well. All in all, should be a group capable of starting to get things turned around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gbass598 said:

Interesting they are referred to as an "interim" board.

How interim? Until the corps is stabilized? Until there is an official board election? If they are interim, what can be expected from a permanent board in the future?

I am only speaking from my own experience, but I was a member of a school board that went from one leadership model to another. The interim board included some members of the previous board and some who would be members of a new board. I know for many reasons this would not have worked with Pioneer and my situation did not involve a board that did not function. It was a model that included people from the community along with parents so you could avoid the “outsiders are telling us how to run our school” a common critique of all outside boards or “a certain clique of parents are running our school” a common critique of parent heavy boards. The group that aided in the transition recommended no less than one year for the interim board, no more than two, and while members of the interim board could be members of the new board, the entire interim board should not be the new board. 

• Like 1