George Hopkins removed from DCI Hall of Fame

9 minutes ago, fsthnds said:

Roman is way down on that list. The bigger fish is a former director or a couple of top 12 corps

Until something is brought forward, if that ever happens, then sure. Until then, there's no chance of removal of who you're referring too, IMO.

• Like 1

Wow...glad it happened for what he has done. But still he was the force behind the Cadets success and demise...like it or not. BUT....this was necessary for the sake of this activity. It's just really sad...not for him but for the Cadets and the victims that worked for him.

Edited by DFA1970
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, fsthnds said:

Roman is way down on that list. The bigger fish is a former director or a couple of top 12 corps

til it comes out in the press, it's nothing but often told stories to them, and I get why. 

1 hour ago, seen-it-all said:

There have been stories/rumors about non-directors in the HOF as well, some of whom are absolute legends in the activity. 

i have heard them. I mostly believe them too. But until people are willing to come forward that were affected, nothing can/will happen

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, phd-student-TTU said:

It doesn’t have to be in the press to be true. Just another example of how victims of assault are dismissed. 

until someone comes forward, it's all hearsay and rumor. Those folks could just as easily turn around and sue DCI for booting them without just cause. 

Look the rumors about the Hop story were making the rounds before Christmas ( i know, i heard it Christmas Eve). But until it came out somehow from one of those affected, or a board member came forward publicly disclosing why someone was terminated, the downside is too huge to risk.

And I'm all for exposing it. But I don't have enough facts to go public with anything

• Like 1

4 hours ago, phd-student-TTU said:

It doesn’t have to be in the press to be true. Just another example of how victims of assault are dismissed. 

It also doesn't mean it's true if people have heard rumors. There are times when accusations are made and rumors are spread, and have no truth to them. May want to look at both sides of the issue.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, seen-it-all said:

There have been stories/rumors about non-directors in the HOF as well, some of whom are absolute legends in the activity. 

This is true and certain behavior was tolerated in the 70s and 80s. I am not advocating others be removed, just making the point that Hopkins behavior was not all that unusual 35 years ago. He simply didn't evolve. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, phd-student-TTU said:

You are correct that it does not have to be in the press to be true, but you do need an accuser before action can be taken, So at least in theory you cannot remove a current HOF member based on rumors. That being said, when a person is nominated, rumors circulating can be a reason not to name a person in the first place. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1