George Hopkins Charged with two Counts Sexual Assault

What a toxic work environment GH created. How did such an abrasive SOB last so long?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

What a toxic work environment GH created. How did such an abrasive SOB last so long?

This was a known thing bandied about for some time. I know at least three individuals who all worked there for a year or less, and knowing and respecting them as I do, I had  feelings and knowledge things weren't good there to say the least.

The issue as Garfield also intimates, who was in charge of him, and who did he really report to or was accountable to? Effectively no one. There was also the thought from some angles that the guy was a brilliant creative mad genius and to just let him be himself and humor him. 

The problem is,  the mad genius needs someone practical to ground them and say "no" and why for them to be effective, and to tell them to go back to the drawing board and come back with something better and workable.

Also... the mad genius also needs to respect others, listen to people besides yes-men and women, be a team player, and be at least reasonably humble. Qualities GH really didn't have a lot of.  Just my 2 cents from experience.

• Like 2

Any idea as to the reason?