George Hopkins Charged with two Counts Sexual Assault

I’m thinking forgiveness is a very broad spectrum.  Aren’t we all guilty of misunderstanding and or misreading situations?  At least degrees of this. I am often guilty of saying something and a person be upset with me or hurt. I’ve gotten better at reading it after the fact, and then try to understand WHY the person is hating on me ... but that sensitivity didn’t happen overnight! I’m driven and focused and mission oriented like Hopkins so I saw right away this trait in him. I don’t believe he has the heart to hurt but definitely missed the consequences of his lack of interest in the softer skills in human interaction.  I have no idea what transpired between he and the women, but did observe how he came across as rude and insensitive and hurtful with his words, he only saw value in what he was focused on, himself and YEA and the Cadets. He does realize this was a big miss on his part. I am hopeful. 

57 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Yes. I think that talk (and I was part of it full disclosure) was more directed at Lancer as a logical conclusion- i.e. can one be forgiven if he has not admitted anything or asked for forgiveness?  I don’t think anyone expects GH to admit to anything, even if he ultimately is convicted. 

Here I go with my stupid timelines. GH did what he is accused of way before the Ole Alumni Defense moved from Philly to KC. He had the ball and went on the offense first. When accused he found god and caught a bad case of PTSD but he left out a P. In his case he has PPTSD (post post) or Pre Post because and I am not wishing this but the real trauma may be in his future.

Edited by Bluzes

8 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

I’m thinking forgiveness is a very broad spectrum.  Aren’t we all guilty of misunderstanding and or misreading situations?  At least degrees of this

I think that's a very valid point. We are all guilty of misreading situations if, for no other reason, our personal experience creating our social filters. I've been mislead A LOT in my life so I am suspicious. I don't think I would go so far as to say "by nature" as I don't believe that any of us are born with filters already in place. That being said, we also have to look at the other side of that coin and admit to ourselves that just as we can have filters which may offer kindness and acceptance, there will always be people who will abuse that good "nature." 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

guilty of misreading situations

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I think that's a very valid point. We are all guilty of misreading situations if, for no other reason, our personal experience creating our social filters. I've been mislead A LOT in my life so I am suspicious. I don't think I would go so far as to say "by nature" as I don't believe that any of us are born with filters already in place. That being said, we also have to look at the other side of that coin and admit to ourselves that just as we can have filters which may offer kindness and acceptance, there will always be people who will abuse that good "nature." 

I will say, having spent time with George, I did not read a head or a heart that was premeditatively dispositioned to hurt anyone. I just observed someone very focused on what he was focused on. From a rewards standpoint, he certainly was rewarded for leading the cadets to many championships. He knew his personality delivered results, be it trophies or the money in the bank to keep the wheels rolling down the road. When you have the social skills of ‘taking the time and interest’ in another’s feelings those divideds are not measurable. They don’t seem to ‘Grow’ a tangential bottom line. I actually think our entire society has a bottom line/ quick drive thru mentality... and that is why people are yearning for fellowship and connection... unfortunately social media has lead towards unity in finding division. Blah blah blah... to many words! Less words more heart! 

1 hour ago, Lancer79 said:

drive thru mentality

What mentality towards Geogre would be acceptable? What is the puropse of your posts? How are you measuring success? The situation has escalated to criminal charges. The Ole Alumni Defense is not cutting it because he is being accused of actions too far back to think that could be a reason. He may be tried in a court of law and be judged by 12 of his peers. What do you want from DCP none of us would quailfy for the jury? The activity we love is in deep doo doo how can one man be more important than that?

Edited by Bluzes
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

I will say, having spent time with George, I did not read a head or a heart that was premeditatively dispositioned to hurt anyone. I just observed someone very focused on what he was focused on. From a rewards standpoint, he certainly was rewarded for leading the cadets to many championships. He knew his personality delivered results, be it trophies or the money in the bank to keep the wheels rolling down the road. When you have the social skills of ‘taking the time and interest’ in another’s feelings those divideds are not measurable. They don’t seem to ‘Grow’ a tangential bottom line. I actually think our entire society has a bottom line/ quick drive thru mentality... and that is why people are yearning for fellowship and connection... unfortunately social media has lead towards unity in finding division. Blah blah blah... to many words! Less words more heart! 

George Hopkins is not on trial for being a meany poo-poo face at YEA. He is on trial for SEXUAL ASSAULT.

“Words” aren’t going to help his victims. Nine women came forward. Nine. They came forward knowing that their lives would likely suffer because of it. There’s nothing positive in it for them.

You keep taking about things that don’t matter. How you feel about George’s character doesn’t matter. How you feel about “healing” and “forgiveness” doesn’t matter. All that matters is that nine women came forward and accused George Hopkins of sexual misconduct.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, Bluzes said:

Forgot how well you know Andy. It's a winter wonderland here today lots of snow. I hope them Colts are just as soft as dci fans and can't handle the elements outside of LOS.

Clock management has never been his forte! But look at all the Amazing coaches that have come from him and it all goes back to Mike Holmgren!

Guilt or innocence will depend on facts only. If found guilty then and only then might change of heart and real acceptance of what was done come into play with the penalty phase. If multiple women are willing to come out publicly knowing they will get slammed by some I'm leaning on their side. Just way too many parallels with Sandusky, including claims people out to get him because of jealousy....

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

Clock management has never been his forte! But look at all the Amazing coaches that have come from him and it all goes back to Mike Holmgren!

I hear you but if The Chiefs lose today it means nothing to the Folks in KC. The 1st football game my grandfather took me to in the Polo Grounds was NY Giants vs LA Rams in the 50's. The Giants coach was Ally Sherman assistants Tom Landry & Vince Lombardi. Please don't look at me as part of the Ole Alumni, althought I did go from the Little Falls Cadets to the Garfield Cadets along with the Little Falls Color Guard when they first allowed women in Garfield (it was a good looking guard). I was drafted after a few pratices so I never marched with Garfield. Maybe I am part of the Ole Alumni in a way.

Edited by Bluzes