“Failure to Protect”

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

The Kilties were in DCI shows those years.  Maybe they weren’t every year but at least two of those years that he was in the corps, they were in DCI shows. 

Maybe they weren’t in DCI sanctioned shows so they really weren’t in DCI shows that way *sarcasm*

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Where do you get your show info from? Have looked at “full” show listings in various places and found all lacking in some way I am interested.

I'm looking at the 2012 and 2013 program Yearbook (Finals week program) and at the tour schedule listed on pg 14 of the 2013 book, and at pg 14 (also) in the 2012 program.

• Thanks 1

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

Maybe they weren’t in DCI sanctioned shows so they really weren’t in DCI shows that way *sarcasm*

I don’t know.  I just know I was at shows in Illinois and Wisconsin and there were DCI corps there and so were the Kilties.   This is making my head hurt.  I’m positive about that. 

4 hours ago, BRASSO said:

OC 's recent press release using the societal pressure, and stating they acted in part... " in light of the the metoo movement environment".., was cringeworthy, imo. Corps need to do the right thing because... well...  because its simply the correct,, and responsible thing to do. Not because of any national outfit out there, as worthy an organization as they may even be. Whoever put that OC Press Release wording together should have scrubbed any invoking of outside organization's name before its release to the public. Its a minor point, but it still was unneccesary, imo, as it implies to the reader that OC in part acted here out of societal pressures, not due to their own strongly held beliefs. it may not have been their intent, but invoking the words  " given the metoo environment " in the wording as some justifications for their action sure made it seem so to some of us.

It has some similarity in tone to what Roman said about why he ended up removing his Pio staff member...because it is expected today, or something like that, not that he himself believed the guy should have been let go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, garfield said:

Are you not talking about the guy that served time in prison for a sexual crime? Did he not bring said ruin to his own career through his actions? 

ETA: Bravo to you by the way for making the connection that I was talking about you. Admitting your problems is the first step in correcting the offensive and destructive behavior.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, garfield said:

Are there non-DCI sanctioned DCI shows?

/sarcasm (for this post)

thought earlier you had something about shows that were sponsored(?) by groups other than DCI and it made a difference somehow. Just a bit o chain yanking. 

Seriously I’d also check fromthepressbox as they have scores that others have missed somehow.

DCI's yearbook began listing All-Age corps in 2014 and Kilties showed up in 2014 and 2015.  But, strangely (probably because I don't follow All-Age), the Kilties are not shown in the All-Age listings in '16, '17, or '18.

You're not losing your mind any more than normal, Jeff.

But your claim that Kilties played at DCI shows when Dan A knew about Larson is still not verified anywhere.

And Dan A is not responsible for All-Age shows or who participates in them.

18 minutes ago, garfield said:

DCI strictly controls who performs at their shows.  They want to know all names, waivers, and sign-offs on file.

I answered your claim about the three shows.  Sorry, fail.  No proof that Kilties performed in those shows.

No evidence that DCI knew Larson was performing in Kilites.

How, exactly, did Dan drop the ball at a fictitious show you're making up?

Dan was notified via email at the same time the DCA President And Directors were notified

• Thanks 1