“Failure to Protect”

2 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Absolutely.  (There is video evidence on YouTube, in case anyone requires further corroboration.)

Regarding 2013, though, I have a question.  Hoping to find smoking-gun proof Larson marched in a DCI event, I found two different 2013 Kilties performances chronicled on YouTube.  One is from a DCI event in Whitewater on July 5; the other is a Racine performance at halftime of a local football game.  In that halftime show, around 1:50-2:10, there are two soprano soloists featured (I do not know who either one is).  At Whitewater, neither of those soloists are there.  Is it possible that he did not march in any DCI-sanctioned event in 2013, specifically?

I don’t know. 

26 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

It’s all cool. They knew a registered sex offender performed st their shows and they were ok with it. Props for their open mindedness (insert eyeroll)

I know I saw him with JOBE third coast doing an exhibition at the Whitewater show.   I think it was 2015.   I saw him playing with the same group in Indy at the hall of fame ceremony, semifinals, and soundsport.  That was 2015. 

Edited by Terri Schehr

2012 YT video of Kilties "home show" includes PA spiel, in which Morgan Larson is mentioned as one of the brass staff.

How in the name of #### can anybody put a felony-convicted sex offender who abused his position of authority in a drum corps back in a position of authority in a drum corps?

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

How are school systems at fault for an outside organization hiring these people? I am not seeing that connection here. Some of these people lot their teaching licenses because the schools did their jobs properly, but the offenders were hired by drum corps anyway. Hardly the fault of school districts. 

They enabled / allowed / looked the other way / failed to detect the abuse in the first place. Students were affected some will have this with them for the rest of their lives, that matters in any discussion it can't be diminished or bullied away from this thread. Coming up with excuses why the schools let these individuals thrive then slip through the cracks. How new rules / laws were needed that may or may not put an end to this. Then holding dci's feet to the fire in isolation to the world we live in is unfair and counterproductive to success for both the schools and dci..

How can you claim the schools did their jobs properly when they didn't. They needed to add all these new rules to make up for their past ills. The same thing dci needs to do. So we can look into dci's past and but not the schools past. I get it your pro schools, I am to and want to see this get better for all students not just the few in drum corps. There is a bigger picture here that needs to be addressed so all students are safe and for a bright future for dci. I want both.

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

http://www.dcxmuseum.org/index.cfm?roomid=202&view=shows&option=byyear

Go to 2013.  Scroll down to the Madison show.  

Kilts were there. I know because I reviewed the show

Edited by Toby
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

2012 YT video of Kilties "home show" includes PA spiel, in which Morgan Larson is mentioned as one of the brass staff.

How in the name of #### can anybody put a felony-convicted sex offender who abused his position of authority in a drum corps back in a position of authority in a drum corps?

Because he can play really high notes poorly with bad technique?

Not to be flippant but that comment isn't far from the truth. He was seen as some type of trumpet God by some people in the activity for some unknown reason.

Edited by Spatzzz

2 hours ago, garfield said:

Ok, so you're saying that, because Kilties performed in a DCI show, Dan A was expected to ask the Kilties if they still have Larson on their performance roles and, if hearing "yes" he should have prevented the Kilties from performing in that show, right?

I 100% agree with that and find it reprehensible that Kilites were allowed to perform in a DCI show with Larson in their roles.

Now, Spatzzz has evidence that all I want is evidence and not hearsay.

Upon hearing of it, being that the show was at a high school stadium, Dan A or the show coordinator should have told Kilts to leave him home that night or not perform. Really simple since Larson had restrictions against being on school property. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

If you find out, let me know. I’ve been asking myself that question for over six years now

1 minute ago, Toby said:

Upon hearing of it, being that the show was at a high school stadium, Dan A or the show coordinator should have told Kilts to leave him home that night or not perform. Really simple since Larson had restrictions against being on school property. 

I think he was only in Kilties in 2011 and 2012.  I watched YouTubes of 2013 (God help me) and I didn’t see him. I also watched 2011 and 2012 and he was there.