“Failure to Protect”

30 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Hey I pulled the trigger but the gun didn’t fire so no harm no foul amirite?

You asked why DCI has not taken the same action with Crossmen that they did with Cadets/Pioneer.  I was only answering that question, not endorsing any of the (in)action.

3 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

You asked why DCI has not taken the same action with Crossmen that they did with Cadets/Pioneer.  I was only answering that question, not endorsing any of the (in)action.

Yea, this makes sense.

Fair question.

25 minutes ago, garfield said:

Wait, please clarify:  You're saying that Morrison paid the scrubbing firm IN RESPONSE to the public announcement of the Hopkins suits?

I thought that he scrubbed during the hiring process - not true?

You know a lot more than me.I didn't resesrch a time line. When did he find out about GH may have seen it coming. Now I don't know whats worse before or after either way is bad.

1 hour ago, garfield said:

Also, Fred Morrison made a bad decision to hire someone for altruistic reasons that he later learned to be wrong.  When called on it, he gruffed but got rid of the person.

Fact-check:

Joel Moody resigned, if I recall the latest article correctly.  I have not seen a definitive report that Morrison played a role in "getting rid" of him.

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

Hey I pulled the trigger but the gun didn’t fire so no harm no foul amirite?

Hey he was with kids which he should not have been but... nothing happened so it’s ok.

kinda like kids playing with a loaded gun. Unless it goes off it’s ok right? Or DUI but get home without incident (this time)

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Fact-check:

Joel Moody resigned, if I recall the latest article correctly.  I have not seen a definitive report that Morrison played a role in "getting rid" of him.

I can't get over the deceit, he reacted to something about his hire. Was it the climate in the activity towards these hires how bad was it before GH broke? He was on dci's BOD likely had insight about George before story broke. Enough so to pay to scrub one staff members past electronically. How did he know to do that for this one person he didn't scrub the entire staff, just him.

No confidence should step down. You know these dci officials have kids of their own in all kinds of youth activates. How would they like it if say girls volleyball had this issue. I really don't understand any of this. dci can ban any corps for any reason and reinstate at will (pressure on pressure off) the kids don't need to be the pawns in all this but examples need to bet set.

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

These rebuttals are like a broken record. Always the same. But I read between the lines. Apparently you don’t want to hear it from me anymore. Hence the - you’re doing it wrong you need to contact whomever directly. As if that would make a whit of difference. No. The ONLY thing that got rid of Hopkins and Moody was the public embarrassment of the Philly Inquirer shining a public light on this. And DCP is certainly a more public venue than a “signed letter” (as if THAT would make a whit of difference) to whomever. Look, Crossmen BOD, by now, has demonstrated by their inaction on Morrison to be every bit the rubber stamp the Cadets BOD was when they failed to get rid of Hopkins. So I’m thinking a letter to that BOD is useless. Nope. Public pressure and embarrassment is the only logical course of action at this point.

So let me get this straight. A journalist at a major metropolitan newspaper breaks a story that blows the lid off of arguably the biggest scandal the drum corps activity has ever seen, which then sends the drum corps message boards like reddit and DCP into a frenzy in a big way. It was the major news outlet that led to substantial pressure being put on those involved and change happening quickly on multiple levels, including those involving the criminal justice system.

And now, having seen how quickly the wheels of action can move with the proper winds behind it, and since you're dissatisfied with how another director at another corps acted and wish to see a similar result, your "only logical course of action" is to post a screed on DCP every day with the hopes that, I don't know, somehow magically this other director will eventually resign or be fired. Or something.

Do you not see the major flaw in your so-called logic?

Edited by seen-it-all
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, seen-it-all said:

So let me get this straight. A journalist at a major metropolitan newspaper breaks a story that blows the lid off of arguably the biggest scandal the drum corps activity has ever seen, which then sends the drum corps message boards like reddit and DCP into a frenzy in a big way. It was the major news outlet that led to substantial pressure being put on those involved and change happening quickly on multiple levels, including those involving the criminal justice system.

And now, having seen how quickly the wheels of action can move with the proper winds behind it, and since you're dissatisfied with how another director at another corps acted and wish to see a similar result, your "only logical course of action" is to post a screed on DCP every day with the hopes that, I don't know, somehow magically this other director will eventually resign or be fired. Or something.

Nope. But thanks for asking. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Hey he was with kids which he should not have been but... nothing happened so it’s ok.

kinda like kids playing with a loaded gun. Unless it goes off it’s ok right? Or DUI but get home without incident (this time)

Exactly. The apologists on here are starting to creep me out. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

48 minutes ago, seen-it-all said:

I  know I don't. I made a bad assumption that FM did the scrub after he became aware of GH, I don't know that sorry. Then why something triggered that reaction. The whole Hollywood thing was sweeping the country and # MeToo Movement then the GH story broke. The whole thing stinks. Logic is that still allowed to enter into anything.