“Failure to Protect”

35 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Exactly. The apologists on here are starting to creep me out. 

It’s getting to be very frustrating.  It’s worse on Drumcorps Reddit than here.  I heartily thank the one person for their message of support.  I’m seriously thinking of leaving the activity after some of the vile I’ve received.

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Sad 4

6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It’s getting to be very frustrating.  It’s worse on Drumcorps Reddit than here.  I heartily thank the one person for their message of support.  I’m seriously thinking of leaving the activity after some of the vile I’ve received.

Been listening to less drum corps lately and It's not right to take it out on the kids. They need us to hang in there. See you on the Fifty.

Edited by Bluzes
typo

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

Exactly. The apologists on here are starting to creep me out. 

Nah nothing like Penn State “fans” with the Sandusky mess (sarcasm)

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Don't let some bad seeds ruin it for you

The apologists are lost souls IMO - if they'd step back and look at the big picture and longer view they'd understand better and take a more responsible approach

For me this situation isn't going to be fixed with a few "Tweaks" -- wholesale changes and many tough decisions - plus some terminations and prosecutions - probably organization changes etc... ANYTHING and EVERYTHING should be on the table if long term it means a better and safer activity for the members. Get it as close to "perfect" as we get our drill sets. Which is pretty darn perfect. 

Drum corps should work as hard at THIS as it's ever worked at ANYTHING

• Thanks 6

8 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

The apologists are lost souls IMO - if they'd step back and look at the big picture and longer view they'd understand better and take a more responsible approach

For me this situation isn't going to be fixed with a few "Tweaks" -- wholesale changes and many tough decisions - plus some terminations and prosecutions - probably organization changes etc... ANYTHING and EVERYTHING should be on the table if long term it means a better and safer activity for the members. Get it as close to "perfect" as we get our drill sets. Which is pretty darn perfect. 

From April, just before the first article came out:

cfAfszv.png

Edited by exitmusic

57 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

If I start getting cease and desist letters again, I’ll post them on here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, exitmusic said:

From April, just before the first article came out:

cfAfszv.png

What is your point? I didn’t know then, in fact at the time I was assured of the opposite. Now I know, now we know. So I’m not sure what your point is?

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

What is your point? I didn’t know then, in fact at the time I was assured of the opposite. Now I know, now we know. So I’m not sure what your point is?

I wouldn’t worry about it.  I didn’t know either.  I kept sending money and defending things, too.  We can’t change the past. 

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

I wouldn’t worry about it.  I didn’t know either.  I kept sending money and defending things, too.  We can’t change the past. 

And sometimes in life we trust the wrong people. As you say, we can only live our lives forward 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In these discussions, it's always best to:

1. Assume good intentions on the part of other participants in the conversation; and

2. Listen for understanding.

• Like 1