In addition the criminal charges against GH

10 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

1st the alumni conspiracy may, in fact, have some truth to it. You know that we have discussed that. Again I will also say I don't remember anyone calling these women liars. Maybe there are those who did on other social media. Haven't seen that here

If you're saying everything was consensual, then you're saying the women who made the allegations are lying. It's pretty easy to discern.

Now on other sites you have people who have defended Hop claiming administration knew staff dated students this past summer. Given all of the scrutiny all things YEA was under, why on God's green earth would they let that happen? Oh wait, they wouldn't. It's a very subtle smear campaign to trash anything any alumni have done by a select few, who repeat the same mantras over and over again. 

Now I know 3 of the women who bravely came forward. And honestly, despite any claims made anywhere else, i'll believe them because over time, they have proven to have far more integrity  than a great many people I know in the activity.  And while their incidents may or may not be in the court room.....yeah I'll believe them. Because they are good people who have always treated people right, and don't suddenly find God when it's legally convenient

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Man... I'm glad Brenda never asked for mine. :tongue:

And she's a coffee drinker who also likes tea, I'm a tea drinker who has never drank coffee.  Go figure.  How this is working, I have no idea. LOL.

we tried to warn her

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, MusicManNJ said:

Your first-hand experience is based on your interactions with GH starting in 2017. And based on this you are now more knowledgeable about all things GH than the women who have come forward and the many others who worked with GH, the many people and companies he burned and the hate-filled emails he sent to marching members over the last 30+ years while you were nowhere to be found. Of course I am sure he shared this part of his life with you as well. Amazing to me how you just arrived at DCP at the same time GH reemerged from his self imposed social media exile. 

second best post in DCP history

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

If you're saying everything was consensual, then you're saying the women who made the allegations are lying. It's pretty easy to discern.

Now on other sites you have people who have defended Hop claiming administration knew staff dated students this past summer. Given all of the scrutiny all things YEA was under, why on God's green earth would they let that happen? Oh wait, they wouldn't. It's a very subtle smear campaign to trash anything any alumni have done by a select few, who repeat the same mantras over and over again. 

Now I know 3 of the women who bravely came forward. And honestly, despite any claims made anywhere else, i'll believe them because over time, they have proven to have far more integrity  than a great many people I know in the activity.  And while their incidents may or may not be in the court room.....yeah I'll believe them. Because they are good people who have always treated people right, and don't suddenly find God when it's legally convenient

You confuse supporting the women and some so-called smear campaign. They do not have to be exclusive of each other. The rest will come out in court I'm sure.

Just now, GUARDLING said:

You confuse supporting the women and some so-called smear campaign. They do not have to be exclusive of each other. The rest will come out in court I'm sure.

If one side is saying the "activities" were consensual, when charges of rape have been brought forth, then you are saying the women are lying. It's pretty cut and dried.

• Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

If one side is saying the "activities" were consensual, when charges of rape have been brought forth, then you are saying the women are lying. It's pretty cut and dried.

Youre missing the point of what I said. One can support the women as well as " Know "  a smear campaign was initiated for reasons other than the serious subject at hand. You can choose to believe it or not but there are plenty of emails floating around out there.

This is what I mean as one does not have to be exclusive of the other.  If allegations based in facts present themselves in a court of law, these women should have and deserve justice

THIS, is what I am saying. I could care less about what anyone on other social media has said. Thats on them

Edited by GUARDLING

2 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Youre missing the point of what I said. One can support the women as well as " Know "  a smear campaign was initiated for reasons other than the serious subject at hand. You can choose to believe it or not but there are plenty of emails floating around out there.

This is what I mean as one does not have to be exclusive of the other.  If allegations based in facts present themselves in a court of law, these women should have and deserve justice

I've never denied alumni had it out for him. But the idea that the accusations were a brain child of alumni out for revenge is pretty far fetched.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I've never denied alumni had it out for him. But the idea that the accusations were a brain child of alumni out for revenge is pretty far fetched.

Furthermore, Alums not liking a Corps Director is not unusual, nor even attempts to replace with another;. However, an alleged  organized" smear campaign " means an organized effort was initiated to spread lies about George Hopkins to do character destruction with him in some manner. Thats entirely different, as that is what the term " smear " campaign means.  " Smear" means by definition.. " to knowingly attempt to damage the reputation of a person by false accusations or slander.". Slander is a crime by itself.  Guardling here states a  a " smear " campaign was organized and initiated to do such to Hopkins. He says he " knows this ".   if true, Guardling is stating that ( his word ) " knows " GH is a victim here. An apparent victim of a vicious " smear campaign" organized against him . But to be fair to Guardling, he claims this " smear campaign " organized on GH is apparently quite apart and apparently separate from whether or not George Hopkins committed these alleged heinous crimes of his. This is how I read Guardlings comments above here with this anyway.

Edited by BRASSO

28 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Furthermore, Alums not liking a Corps Director is not unusual;. However, an alleged  organized" smear campaign " means an organized effort was initiated to spread lies about George Hopkins to do character destruction with him in some manner. Thats entirely different, as that is what the term " smear " campaign means.  " Smear" means by definition.. " to knowingly attempt to damage the reputation of a person by false accusations or slander.". Slander is a crime by itself.  Guardling here states a  a " smear " campaign was organized and initiated to do such to Hopkins. He says he " knows this ".   if true, Guardling is stating that ( his word ) " knows " GH is a victim here of a " smear campaign ", ( but quite apart on whether or not he commited these heinous alleged crimes, it should be pointed out )

lol...well if thats what you  heard or saw God bless ya.  GH has never been a victim EVER on any level or any subject. So let's make that clear

Also please look back, I did not use the word smear I just repeated it when answering a post

Edited by GUARDLING