In addition the criminal charges against GH

3 hours ago, Lancer79 said:

The two women that are accusing him came forward after the group of women the Alumni gathered were presented to the press. 

There appears to be serious dispute on this.. especially your chronology.. The Philly Inquirer states in their investigatory piece that the Attorney representing sexual assault women went to  the Cadets former YEA Board FIRST to alert them to the alleged assaults by Hopkins, and told them they had the names/ dates/ places of his assaults. The former YEA Board ( all hand picked by Hopkins himself from reports ) said they wanted the names first of the assault victims, before they would pursue any internal investigation. Sensing a stone walling, and the uncooperative nature of the former YEA Board,  the attorney representing the alleged assault victims decided only THEN it would be prudent to present this to the outside, unbiased Press.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

So you’re saying he expressed regrets yet took no action to reconcile with “the small group of alumni” over the “many months” he remained corps director. Words are nothing. Just empty words. Actions are what matter. And per your own account he took no action to repair relations. Yeah. It sure seems he had a change of heart. Not. 

He was taking actions, he organized the Alumni Series, but they hit him in January so... it all happened fast. They found the metoo movement and saw how lethal it could be to any mans career. That’s why I keep saying, it all didn’t have to happen this way.

Edited by Lancer79

6 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

There appears to be serious dispute on this. The Philly Inquirer states in their investigatory piece that the Attorney representing sexual assault women went to  the Cadets former YEA Board FIRST to alert them to the alleged assaults by Hopkins. The former YEA Board ( all hand picked by Hopkins himself from reports ) said they wanted the names first of the assault victims, before they would pursue any internal investigation. Sensing a stone walling, and the uncooperative nature of the former YEA Board,  the attorney representing the alleged assault victims decided only THEN to present this to the outside, unbiased Press.

That is true, there is just a whole bunch of details not mentioned and I can’t say what they are.

23 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

His statement of wishing he would have handled the relations with the small group of Alumni was said to me in September of 2017. Many months before the ‘Opportunity to step down and go away’ was given to him. 

He is not being charged by the Lehigh District Prosecutor in the State of Pennsylvania however for the offense of having sub par relations with a " small group of Alumni " that in retrospect " he wishes he handled differently "

His relationship with a " small group of Alums " in the Cadets is irrelevant as to why the District Attorney in PA believes he has compelling evidence at his disposal that George Hopkins intentionally drugged 2 women on 2 separate occasions and then he raped them. He could have had a wonderful relationship with the Alums, and that would not have mattered either. The Prosecuting Atty. in PA does not care a wit about George Hopkins relationship with Cadets Alums, nor even his relationship with his Pets, if he has them. He is being charged with serious felony crime Sexual Assaults. Period.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

He is not being charged by the Lehigh District Prosecutor in the State of Pennsylvania however for the offense of having sub par relations with a " small group of Alumni " that in retrospect " he wishes he handled differently "

His relationship with a " small group of Alums " in the Cadets is irrelevant as to why the District Attorney in PA believes he has compelling evidence at his disposal that George Hopkins intentionally drugged 2 women on 2 separate occasions and then he raped them.

That’s why the jury will be making the decision not any of us on DCP. 

27 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

That is true, there is just a whole bunch of details not mentioned and I can’t say what they are.

Is one of those details that GH was (allegedly) engaged in a sexual relationship with one of the attorneys at the firm that YEA suggested to do the investigation? Cause that would be weird, huh?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

That’s why the jury will be making the decision not any of us on DCP. 

Of course. Like most things in Drum Corps, we discuss things. When the alleged Sexual Assault victims are videotaped and we SEE and we HEAR their harrowing stories filled with tearful anquish with the alleged Sexual Assaults, we evaluate this, and we comment on it.

Question.. Did you watch and listen to the videotapes in the Philly Inquirer of the 2 alleged Assault Victims describing in vivid detail their alleged Sexual Assaults ? Just curious, Lancer79 ? If so, do you find their tear filled accounting credible ?..... or not credible ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

He was taking actions, he organized the Alumni Series, but they hit him in January so... it all happened fast. They found the metoo movement and saw how lethal it could be to any mans career. That’s why I keep saying, it all didn’t have to happen this way.

I know. It takes months and months to pick up a phone and place a call to tell someone you are sorry for how you treated them. 

Oh wait. You could do that in a day or two. Unless, of course, you really aren’t remorseful and are just telling your longtime crush (your words) what you think she wants to hear. 

Thats what predators do. 

7 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

I know. It takes months and months to pick up a phone and place a call to tell someone you are sorry for how you treated them. 

Oh wait. You could do that in a day or two. Unless, of course, you really aren’t remorseful and are just telling your longtime crush (your words) what you think she wants to hear. 

Thats what predators do. 

So Hockey Dad, I can understand why you would say this. As if it was just one conversation. My crush was only based upon a one time instance in 1979 at the Bayonne show. I never had the desire to do anything about it until June of 2017 when I would listen to the daily live-streams and I realized he had more than just looks going for him. His brain was interesting. Only by chance I turned around after the Dallas show and he was standing there and I basically had to say hello or look like an idiot. I basically said if he was ever in town I’d like to treat him to dinner to share some ideas I had. Not to much of a stretch to see we are similar in some ways. We became friends and spoke over the months. I just can’t say anything bad or off color about him. I think obviously what struck me was His humanness. 

After our conversation I spoke with people who knew him and read about him and basically got an understanding of what ‘some’ people were saying about him. I do know a lot of people where affected in a very positive way from his direction and leadership and marching in the Cadets. I have always had great respect for the corps and it’s members. 

3 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

So Hockey Dad, I can understand why you would say this. As if it was just one conversation. My crush was only based upon a one time instance in 1979 at the Bayonne show. I never had the desire to do anything about it until June of 2017 when I would listen to the daily live-streams and I realized he had more than just looks going for him. His brain was interesting. Only by chance I turned around after the Dallas show and he was standing there and I basically had to say hello or look like an idiot. I basically said if he was ever in town I’d like to treat him to dinner to share some ideas I had. Not to much of a stretch to see we are similar in some ways. We became friends and spoke over the months. I just can’t say anything bad or off color about him. I think obviously what struck me was His humanness. 

After our conversation I spoke with people who knew him and read about him and basically got an understanding of what ‘some’ people were saying about him. I do know a lot of people where affected in a very positive way from his direction and leadership and marching in the Cadets. I have always had great respect for the corps and it’s members. 

You are not doing yourself or him any good by stating your personal opinion on personal matters or intimate feelings ( not here anyway ) Your last statement does have merit whether one agrees HOW he got to success or not. The success speaks for itself, although no one does it alone.

• Like 2