Recommended Posts

Where have our show announcements gone? It feels like this time last year there were more announcements that had already been made. Is there something different going on this year? Or are corps just being a little more secretive?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

Where have our show announcements gone? It feels like this time last year there were more announcements that had already been made. Is there something different going on this year? Or are corps just being a little more secretive?

I'm not sure...it has been much more quiet than usual...at least this season compared to the last two prior seasons to that as I do the updating on this...I have a feeling announcements are going to all come out last minute...the funny thing about it...no matter the time of the announcement...it never affects the scores of the corps or makes the musical material any staler IMO with an early announcement...so I really don't get the logic behind it....but anytime someone complains about it...people come out and say that the corps can announce how they see fit...and that those asking for announcements should stop complaining about it...LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

Where have our show announcements gone? It feels like this time last year there were more announcements that had already been made. Is there something different going on this year? Or are corps just being a little more secretive?

What I’ve noticed recently (at least since 2017) is that more and more corps are waiting until after the WGI season ends to announce their shows. The month of May has essentially become “show announcement month” for most corps nowadays, with some exceptions.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

What I’ve noticed recently (at least since 2017) is that more and more corps are waiting until after the WGI season ends to announce their shows. The month of May has essentially become “show announcement month” for most corps nowadays, with some exceptions.

Meanwhile, whose props are these getting ready for painting???

City banks on buzz from âBees Across New Britainâ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, xandandl said:

Meanwhile, whose props are these getting ready for painting???

City banks on buzz from âBees Across New Britainâ

I've heard some "buzz" about a corps using these props this year.

:lol:

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2019 at 8:28 AM, Old Corps Guy said:

I've heard some "buzz" about a corps using these props this year.

:lol:

Bee D's???    

City banks on buzz from âBees Across New Britainâ

Edited by xandandl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I suspect the Trent Renzor is going to be Hurt as the ballad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because of today’s date, I would be on the lookout for any show announcements that don’t sound too real.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Because of today’s date, I would be on the lookout for any show announcements that don’t sound too real.

Correct.  Even corps over the years have posted on this date about shows, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.