What happened to Madison?

15 minutes ago, Stu said:

Sure it is easy to understand. A 17 year old used to stay and age out with their corps, loving their corps, helping make their corps better. Now a 17 year old spends one year with the Troopers, two years with Spirit,  (both providing great experiences but no ring) then ages out with BD (or SCV, or Crown, ...) to hopefully get that ring. It has nothing to do with love of others, love of corps, but love of self.

As for the fee, even though BD has capital, it would help deter them from pulling talent away from other WC corps.

I could get aboard on this.  Let's make the "fee" $1.00.  Now you are happy and the rest of us can quit listening to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Didn’t this thread start Saturday because the 2019 Madison Scouts’ thread was too long to read?

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

It is a mindset issue.  We have schools that respond with high expenses or other difficulties for a multitude of reasons.  Corps need to approach schools requesting housing as an opportunity to teach and give an opportunity for the band programs to even make a buck or two.  I have visited many rehearsal sites all around the country where I would gladly have paid a couple bucks for a Gatorade or water while I am watching a corps rehearse.

It can be a win/win if approached the right way.  I know it has been for us for many years.

and in this day and age, more and more administrators only see dollar figures

37 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Didn’t this thread start Saturday because the 2019 Madison Scouts’ thread was too long to read?

Good thing people don't want to know what happened to The Cadets, then.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, PeterGibbons said:

Good thing people don't want to know what happened to The Cadets, then.

the Madison issues are covered in the existing thread. This was derailed, and I admit, i fell for Stu's bait for a bit, but i haven't since. this should be purged

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

the Madison issues are covered in the existing thread. This was derailed, and I admit, i fell for Stu's bait for a bit, but i haven't since. this should be purged

Typical. You don't agree, you dont' like it, you think it is inept, and you, Mr. DCP Jeff, want it purged. Typical.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

It really should be purged. It’s become a dumpster fire thread with nothing of value.

People claim they believe in freedom of speech, and censorship is a bad thing; that is until they disagree with what is being said, call it nothing of value, and then want it purged. So it goes, so it goes.

• Like 1