How your favorite (top 6) corps will end up in 3rd place

I have been reading everyone's banter back and forth about how the top 6 really ranks ordinally and the truth is we really won't know until San Antonio and we won't have more pieces to the puzzle until July 5. 

But in the meantime as I logically worked through the problems I found that each of these corps could realistically be in 3rd place at the end of the season. Sure some are more of a stretch than other but here it is:

SCV- the coast to coast scoring has been accurate and Bluecoats are ahead. BD (or Boston or Crown) gains some momentum down the stretch and passes them too.

BD- Scores have been relatively accurate and SCV/Bluecoats are ahead

Bluecoats- their scores have been inflated and when they meet the west coast their true placement is revealed.

Crown-  They could be between SCV/BD with Bluecoats ahead, they could pass the Bluecoats. 

Boston- Scores have been accurate and they are now ahead of Crown and competing with SCV/BD. They end up beating one of the two.

Cavaliers- they may have fallen back some behind BD/SCV but the east coast scores have been inflated and they beat all 3 corps that have been competing in the East.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

There is no corps they fear. 🙂 I am already proud of The Cavaliers and I haven't even seen the show yet lol

Which you should be, but borrow a defibrillator when you see them for the first time.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Oh boy that east coast inflation

Their scores were inflated last year, I bet they're inflated this year too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forevergreen said:

One cannot say Boston is ahead of Crown until they go head to head again.

Like I said some scenarios may be a little bit more of a stretch than others. 

But for people that believe in raw scores .. Boston is ahead of them right this second (obviously nothing works like head to head and Crown beat Boston at the premier...always an uphill battle to pass a corps but it happens with at least one corps every season).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Forevergreen said:

One cannot say Boston is ahead of Crown until they go head to head again.

I can't say it at all. Lol.

Edited by Incognito365
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Oh boy that east coast inflation

I love the jagged line and that show was hot early season. Then they met SCV in the Midwest and the article read "Santa Clara Vanguard Cross a Jagged Line" Then they ended up in 5th place. 5th place. So while I would love to think the Bluecoats have a comfortable lead I am pretty skeptical.

• Like 4